8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to notice my car veer towards the right. More noticable at higher speeds. I'm very careful parking, I don't curb slam, and I avoid potholes when I see them. I realized this at 9.2k miles and after rotating my summer tires. Fortunately, Honda will fix this under 12/12 warranty. Has anyone else experienced "premature" allignment issues?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Had my Si Coupe since Feb.
Haven't had any issues at all and I even have wheels with an incorrect offset (+53).

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I didn't think there was really anything such as "premature" alignment issues.

You can go get an alignment within spec and leave the alignment shop, hit a pothole or huge bump in the road, and be out of spec...

It's not like an alignment should last X amount of miles... yes, there is an average life span for an alignment... (the place I go to says to get it re-done or checked ~every 15K miles) but that does not take into consideration road condition that you drive on.

If it's out of alignment in 10K miles, maybe you have been driving on rough roads. I would recommend going to one of those places that does "lifetime" alignments for something like $100 and getting one of those. Then you can have them check and/or re-align your car every time you get your tires rotated...

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
how long ago did you rotate your tires? if you noticed it soon after, its probably due to uneven wear on the tires.
Yes, I did notice it soon after I rotated. During my first oil change at 4700 miles, the dealer told me that I had 7.5% wear on the rear and 8.5% on the front so I decided to rotate as instructed in the manual at 9.2k miles. I didn't think they wouldn't wear unevenly having LSD.

Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Honestly, I had issues with my Si drifting to the right since I bought it in 06. Dealer swore the alignment was perfect. Rotating the tires didn't help.

I got new tires a few months ago. Car drives straight as an arrow.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Maybe, but not for me.

I had purchased some traklites about a year into it, had my oem tires mounted on them and a fresh balance, still pulled to the right.

I personally think the stock tires were garbage.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll find out Monday. Hopefully, the dealer can find the problem fix it. I got the optional summer tires and I'd really like to get my money's worth out of them.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It's the tires. The all seasons I had on the car made it pull. I put some Sumitomo HTRZ II's and the pull went away.

The dealershit told me to bring it to a tire place to have them check it out. They charged me $20 per tire for balancing and told me nothing was wrong. If you pursue the pulling issue, don't let the dealer give you the run-around. Honda put the tires on the car, they need to figure out which ones are bad and replace them.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's the tires.
Can't wait to hear what the dealer has to say. I am hoping they find something that needs adjustment in the suspension. If it's the tires, then maybe I'll have premature uneven wear and I'll have to shell out $$ to buy new tires. I'm hopeful that my summer tires will last over 20k miles.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Maybe not your tire problem, but "bad" tires can "pull". New top tier tires, alligned perfect on my Toyota 4X4, pulled right. Dealer flipped front tires right to left (running "backwards") and truck pulled left. They gave me a new tire and everything was perfect. True story.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i had perfect alignment until i took it into honda for my tune up, they told my my alignmint was off now it veers to the right as well

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
When I rotated my tires at 9600 miles my car is veerring to the right now, it's at the dealer as we speak for some other things, so I told them to check the alignmnet anyway.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i'm taking my '07 Si to the dealership tomorrow for an alignment(pulling to the right). i will update when i get it back.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can't wait to hear what the dealer has to say. I am hoping they find something that needs adjustment in the suspension. If it's the tires, then maybe I'll have premature uneven wear and I'll have to shell out $$ to buy new tires. I'm hopeful that my summer tires will last over 20k miles.
It's been awhile. Dealer did a 4 wheel alignment under their 12/12 warranty. It was out of spec. Car runs fine now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
bought mine 10/19/07 and I thought I noticed it going to the right even during the test drive, though in Florida the roads are sloped quite a bit to the sides because of all the rain.

On certain roads the car is balance perfectly and goes straight as an arrow, so I think it is fine. I have the standard 17" non-summer tires on my Si and I have read in a lot of places the inconsistent feel is due to these tires. Wish I had asked for the upgraded ones.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's been awhile. Dealer did a 4 wheel alignment under their 12/12 warranty. It was out of spec. Car runs fine now.
is the warranty something you purchased separately? dealer told me alignment issues are not covered under warranty.

my car pulls to the left, i'm gonna get an alignment soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts