8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a lot of highway miles on my car, and the salt and pebbles have chipped my front bumper all to hell. Maybe 20 chips about the size of a pea, and a few larger. All the chips are white.

Then I drove down to Philly, and somebody rubbed against the rear, right corner. Left a little red paint. The deepest part is down to the black, the rest is varying degrees of white or just matte. It's about 4 inches long, and the black is about 1/2 inch wide at the widest.

I'd like to fix it, but I don't want to spend big bucks.

option 1:
Spray bottle from paintscratch.com or automotivetouchup.com Anyone every try either of these products?

option 2:
Go to somewhere like Maaco and get the bumpers painted. I've never used Maaco. How good/bad are they?

option 3:
Try to fix it myself, and if it looks worse, then go to a pro.

Thoughts? Thank you.

·
Registered
378 Posts
NO don't ever use spray touch up. Its so hard to use. I've tried it before and trust me its terrible. I would suggest like a touch up. Trust me i'm telling you from a bad experience.

And also don't go to MAACO, they are awful. Remember this "what you pay for, is what you get". Maaco is decent at prices but their results are not good at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts