8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
i got a no front plate and tint ticket in SD, the on new years day 1 more no front plate and tint, then the NEXT day got pulled over for the same reason, the cute irvine chick cop was kind enough to let me slide.
but after not having tint for months i couldn't take it, i now have inbetween 'light' and 'medium' no problems with cops yet..and still no front plate on.
damn son. I've been running tint and no frot plate here in SD for bout 7 months. and I've got nothing. had skunk2 70mm and no tickets either. guess just lucky.

... although I probably just jinxed myself lol.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
haha this was off balboa, the cops were posted at the stop sign, on foot.
watching everyone..i stopped perfectly and everything, tried to roll my windows down but it was too late he flagged me down.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got two tint tickets within a week and a half when I first got it... it was 20% up front. I removed it and got it signed off, went back and got 35% up front instead... kind of want to go to 50...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You know it might be cheaper to keep a spare set of untinted front windows and just replace the tinted ones to get it checked off and then swap them back. If you get good enough at it you could even sell your services to other people that got tint tickets.

I haven't tried on an 8th gen but I've swapped out window regulators on other cars and it doesn't look too hard to unbolt the glass and replace it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have gotten 4 tickets so far and they have all been a fix-it ticket for $25 and I'm rocking limo all around and 30% on windshield too. :dance:

:eek:hsnap: :corona:

·
Registered
191 Posts
so i live in norcal and got 35% on my fronts, how likely is it that i will get a ticket? cus i havnet driven home yet. and does the 25$ fix it ticket still stand now in 2012?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got pulled over 20% tint all the way around got a nice 156$ ticket. Second time i got pulled over i told them "i apologize bought the car with these tints already i wasn't aware they were too dark." Got let off with a warning my boii is a cop he told me to say that they usually let you off with a warning so far it worked

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was pulled over for no front plate and modified exhaust and the CHP asked if my front windows were tinted and before I could respond he reached in and rolled up my window. Funny part was that he “auto upped” the window on his arm and I couldn’t help but laugh when it smashed his arm before rolling back down! I couldn’t believe that he reached in and did that. He asked me if I had ever been stopped for it before and like a dumb @$$ I said yes and he told me that because I didn’t learn my first time that if I get another tint ticket that its and automatic point on my license. Then he went on to say that my radar detector was illegally mounted on the glass even though it’s all the way at the top left corner. The tint is limo on the back 35 on the front and 50 on the windshield and the CHP didn’t even notice the tint on the windshield. It’s a bullsh*t ticket to be honest... Stupid California

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just got ticketed yesterday for 35% tint up front. I have Limo tint in back with the black interior it looks dark. CHP got me :/ just pulled me over told me that he pulled me over bc my windows were blacked out. Gave him my info he wrote me a ticket (I was pissed I didn't even get a warning). I asked why they have that law and he told me it was bc it's hard to see out of (my sunglasses are darker than my windows). CHP=no mercy. This guy was probably tired of frappin in his car so he gave me a ticket-only part I regret is taking the ticket from his hand...ewww.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dayum... :p I've got 35% on back 3, 50% on front doors and UV on windshield (75%?). But my car is white so I hope on one notices.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a tint ticket during my busy season, didn't have much time to take care of it. 2 weeks later I got pulled over again by a CHP for the tint. I showed him the ticket and told him that I haven't even gotten the notice in the mail from the court and was going to take care of it as soon as that came in... He gave me another ticket anyway. Talked to a buddy of mine that said I can fight the second one but a day of going to court isn't worth the $25.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can receive the citation as many times as you feel you'd like to pay it. State of California doesn't care, that's why they make it correctable. This is a fact. PM me if you'd like to know more

21 - 37 of 37 Posts