8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw how many people got stopped for their skunk2 exhaust, was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their evo2

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Got stopped for speeding.

Pulled over, and he looked at my exhaust tip saying thats aftermarket.

I told him, I bought it straight from the dealer, how can i get a ticket?

He dropped the subject, and never gave me a ticket-Even though I really got it from corsportusa.com:thumb:hahaha

So no. :thumb:

·
faptasic... pew pew pew
58,558 Posts
pulled over cause the cop was an ass... he pulled out of a side street and def on his computer once behind me def told myself f&^% im getting pulled over. light flashed pulled over and he said my exhaust looks loud but doesnt sound loud, as that point i wanted to say then why the hell did you pull me over? got a warning only...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that kinda sucks, i don't want to give them any excuse to pull me over. was the guy an ass about it who gave you the warning? what did he say? to remove it?

·
faptasic... pew pew pew
58,558 Posts
dnbsi said:
that kinda sucks, i don't want to give them any excuse to pull me over. was the guy an ass about it who gave you the warning? what did he say? to remove it?
yea the tip and canister is pretty big but if your not driving like an ass you'll be ok.

i totally think the cop of racial profiling (wrote down on the warning ticket a race im mostly mistaken for out here on va but it wouldnt happen back home in cali) and needed to show that he did work for the day and i was lucky to pull up. i wasnt driven like an ass. it was the middle of the day and traffic all around. wasted gas since i had to turn on the a/c since it was close to 100 out that day. basically a warning and to take it off but i didnt.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
rippars said:
yea the tip and canister is pretty big but if your not driving like an ass you'll be ok.

i totally think the cop of racial profiling (wrote down on the warning ticket a race im mostly mistaken for out here on va but it wouldnt happen back home in cali) and needed to show that he did work for the day and i was lucky to pull up. i wasnt driven like an ass. it was the middle of the day and traffic all around. wasted gas since i had to turn on the a/c since it was close to 100 out that day. basically a warning and to take it off but i didnt.
A warning to take something completely legal off? Why?

·
Registered
615 Posts
asndragonboii said:
A warning to take something completely legal off? Why?

Most states have a loophole to save their butts. Your exhaust maybe completely compliant with local/state decibel limits but, the state usually also states that if you modify your exhaust with anything that isnt OEM it is illegal. Im not a stickler for this stuff at all, im just stating some facts from home in NY.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I havent gotten any problems yet. On the casual drive its not a racket at all. Upper ranges you get a little bit loud but. In Florida people put the loudest exhaust on their rice buckets and get nothing for it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
cny said:
Most states have a loophole to save their butts. Your exhaust maybe completely compliant with local/state decibel limits but, the state usually also states that if you modify your exhaust with anything that isnt OEM it is illegal. Im not a stickler for this stuff at all, im just stating some facts from home in NY.:thumb:
How can they do that. What about the people that have 10 year old cars that have their exhausts rust through and break? Are you telling me that going to some muffler shop like Monroe or Meineke and having a new exhaust system fabricated by them to replace an old OEM one is considered "illegal" by this law?

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I havent gotten any problems yet. On the casual drive its not a racket at all. Upper ranges you get a little bit loud

:yeahthat:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Mabuz said:
How can they do that. What about the people that have 10 year old cars that have their exhausts rust through and break? Are you telling me that going to some muffler shop like Monroe or Meineke and having a new exhaust system fabricated by them to replace an old OEM one is considered "illegal" by this law?

Its all in how the "judge" wants to interpret this.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
i just got a warning 30 minutes ago for my TiC....i was just going driving normal in a 35 zone...omg it so dumb, and he told me that there is no DB rating to be under and that they just compare it to how loud the stock exhaust should sound..whatever

im not removing a 500 dollar exhaust for this crap but i do have the weapon r header that makes it louder but still its not close to "stock" so it would do any good to even remove that

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Firestrife said:
I havent gotten any problems yet. On the casual drive its not a racket at all. Upper ranges you get a little bit loud but. In Florida people put the loudest exhaust on their rice buckets and get nothing for it.
Not true i've been ticketed over 5 times in my old EK civic for having an aftermarket exhaust here in Tampa Florida. sux major nuts.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
klk15 said:
Not true i've been ticketed over 5 times in my old EK civic for having an aftermarket exhaust here in Tampa Florida. sux major nuts.
Well i should correct myself in Miami lol

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Yea virginia is stiff. Back when I had the srt4 I was just passing thru(i live on tn-va state line) and a va officer pulled me over for exhaust and seemed to imply my **** was aftermarket when the car was completely stock and srt4 arent even loud. I think he just heard it gargle when I downshifted and he thought something was wrong with it. Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts