8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Dealership in town, they offer detailing packages. Package C, which i want, includes, Interior Shampoo, exterior wash, and Hand Wax and Buff. All that for 70 CAD. Not bad of a deal?

Should i do this? Seems like a good deal to me..

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
i would by the stuff and do it myself. I used to work at a dealer. we did good job, but i wouldnt leave my car there lol

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I warned my cousin not to get his car cleaned at the dealership after they got done working on it. It came back with ALOT of swirls and scratches from dirty cloths.

My work (rental car) works with the near by dealerships. At the Caddilac dealership, they would clean their customers cars with a BROOM dipped in a bucket with dirty soapy water and used the broom to clean the car. That's also how we (rental car place) clean our cars. We'd have crazy swirl marks on cars that were a month old

·
Registered
728 Posts
If your interior is so dirty that it looks like chickens live in it, or maybe you have a big coffee stain on the upholstery, then yeah I could understand paying a professional to have it cleaned. But as for having the car washed and waxed, you gotta be kidding me. You can save some money and learn to do it yourself. Who knows? You might even end up liking it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
asndragonboii said:
I warned my cousin not to get his car cleaned at the dealership after they got done working on it. It came back with ALOT of swirls and scratches from dirty cloths.

My work (rental car) works with the near by dealerships. At the Caddilac dealership, they would clean their customers cars with a BROOM dipped in a bucket with dirty soapy water and used the broom to clean the car. That's also how we (rental car place) clean our cars. We'd have crazy swirl marks on cars that were a month old
yep piazza honda of drexel hill swirled me up good, and missed a few spots i may add(roof, rear fender):police: no deal...er

·
Registered
901 Posts
I haven't had this car dealer detailed but i would rather do it myself.. in the long run you can get the pc 7424 or whatever a big shop light and all the polishes and waxes you need for the cost of a few details..or a partial detail here.. local shops charge 35.00 minimum to only vacuum out the interior..but then again this place is over charged.. 18.00 armor-all application anyone? lol

·
Registered
420 Posts
Every time I bring my car into the dealership I bought my LX from, they always given the appearance that they have "washed" it.

by that I mean someone sprays water on it and then quickly goes over it with a wash cloth or something... when I get home it always has HUGE spots where the guy missed. And if I dont pick the car up as soon as they finish with it, the car would sit on the lot and all the water they sprayed on it would dry out and leave these ugly nasty water spots.

I have to take it in this Monday to replace the Cowl under the Wipers (it warped) and I am going to request that they NOT wash it.

-Axian

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^the truth is that 99% of the time you bring your car anywhere to have it detailed, the detailer will not take as good of care of it as you would. once anda while you will find a good one...but def. not at the dealership.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^the truth is that 99% of the time you bring your car anywhere to have it detailed, the detailer will not take as good of care of it as you would. once anda while you will find a good one...but def. not at the dealership.
RASKY!

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
The problem is, these guys generally aren't gonna be passionate about their work in cleaning YOUR car. When you bring it to a true detailer, like Rasky for example, he actually cares about the end results and will do his best to ensure none of that swirl crap, missed spots and whatnot end up on your car.

With these guys, they have 20 cars to wash a day, and yours is just another one in the mix.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Simowng said:
At the Dealership in town, they offer detailing packages. Package C, which i want, includes, Interior Shampoo, exterior wash, and Hand Wax and Buff. All that for 70 CAD. Not bad of a deal?

Should i do this? Seems like a good deal to me..
I believe that is what they call DISO!!!

Dealer Installed Swirl Option!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok..... just to let you guys know. You guys are some what correct about what happens in the dealer about geeting it washed. Let me tell you guys that Im a Certified Detailer and Certified 3M installer also.I work at a Honda dealer in Colorado and I take pride in my work. I have been detailing for 13 years now "all in dealers". I just wanna add that i will do my best and beyond to take care of my customers, i detail cars like it was mine.they pay me very good here 65k a year so i do my best.I dont like the fact that you guys think all dealers are the same, cuz not all are the same. We have Presidents Award because we care about your opinion. We will do anything to satisfy our customers. just my two cents.....

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
$65K!!!!:eek:mg: :SHOCKED:

I'm quiting my Mechanical Design job and going back to full time detailing working at a dealership! When I managed 2 different shops we either paid $8hr or 20 per car. A car took anywhere from 2-4 hrs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
RaskyR1 said:
$65K!!!!:eek:mg: :SHOCKED:

I'm quiting my Mechanical Design job and going back to full time detailing working at a dealership! When I managed 2 different shops we either paid $8hr or 20 per car. A car took anywhere from 2-4 hrs.
i said im a 3m installer also. i install all the clearmask or clearbra on the cars. Commission pay....

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
TYMY_SHOE said:
i said im a 3m installer also. i install all the clearmask or clearbra on the cars. Commission pay....
That's still good money. This was some time back too when we paid those wages. I think they are around $35-40 a car now. At the one shop we did 3M clearmask, Tink, rustproof/undercoating, bed liners, paint and fabric sealant as well as detailing. I did detailing and the rustproofing/undercoating and was trained in to do tint and clearmask too but left shorty after. I'm sure it could have a little to do with location too.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I quit detailing full time because it's hell on the body and I'm getting to old for 8-10 days of this kind of work. I like getting paid to sit on this forum all day! :biggrin: :xyxnervou

1 - 20 of 20 Posts