8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
very rough ride and the interior has no design. would never buy it. no rear seat room and a stupid looking strut bar nearly hitting the rear window. the power is nice but the transmission is horrible. shifts very rough. its like you have to slam gears to drive it daily. not to mention way waaaayyy overpriced.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
G35 Coupe - Top heavy, powerful, torquey.

I quite liked it, but didn't like the top heavy feeling. Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My mom as an 06 Touring. Sticky sticky..as in it hugs the ground nicely. Very torquey. I'm not a big fan of sports cars suspensions because they are so sensative to every bump in the road...but nice car none the less IMO.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Loved the 350 z when i drove my buddy's... but same impression i got when i drove his z06..

AWSOME on the track and road course, but sucks for daily commute.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Power-delivery in them is fantastic. Good torque down low and nice power up top, but it's so smoothe that you don't really feel like you're going fast until you look down and see you're doing triple digits.

They handle great for their weight and are pretty predictable as far as when the ass is going to come around. Just get one that has the LSD.

The interior is absolutely horrid, though. The position of the shifter in relation to things like the e-brake made me have to awkwardly move my arm to shift and I didn't like it at all. The whole interior is really, really cheap and it makes it obvious that Nissan had to do some real price-cutting on the inside to get the car to be the price it was.

I did a road trip in one a couple of years ago and they behave REALLY well on the highway. I was surprised that it was as comfortable as it was. On long trips it was a very nice car.

All-in-all they're not bad cars, but you have to look past a few things if you buy one (mainly everything about the interior) and I couldn't do that. They're a nice buy for the money.

·
Registered
476 Posts
owned an 03 G35. It was ok, but made the mistake of an auto. Heavy body roll, but sways helped. Dealer parts are way too expensive to maintain the car. I heard the new g37 is the way to go now.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
my buddy has one, i drive it from time to time. slid around a few corners. rear wheel and tourque FTW. like said before, the interior is dog sh*t. the outside is pimp

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I had one before I got my SI. I didnt like it because it was too small. The interior is worse than the SI. The glove compartment is behind the passenger seat so you cant access it if you have a passenger. The seats are uncomfortable for long drives. The cup holders are useless. The shifter vibrates like crazy and a bumpy ride but thats expected. Not a good DD but an great Pimp mobile

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
my girlfriend just got the nismo Z. all the comments ive been reading relate alot with the interior being crappier than the Si, the interior being small, uncomfortbale ride, etc. etc.

ppl it's a sports car, not luxury. it's meant to feel cramped and uncomfortable.

i absolutely LOVE the Z. i think it's an amazing car that comes with enough power already with a lot of growth potential.

only complaint i have against the Z, or nissan rather, is their notorious history of bullshiet electrical problems.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
i test drove one last year. I loved it. Feels like such an aggressive car. Great low end torque. I'm driving the G37 today at my dads shop. Wooots! Now dat is one gorgeous car. The g37s even comes with a rear view camera and the inteor has like a brushed metal trim. I'm in love! Maybe a few years down the road though

1 - 20 of 60 Posts