8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i didnt get to drive one but i went to see one. When i turned on the engine and put my hand on the shifter it felt as if my hand was getting a masage (spelling?) Anyways is this normal? It was vibrating a little =P was kinda wierd

Btw that thing is a beast so load when u rev the engine... its like theres a angry animal in there growling at you...."Grrr im mad im an engine... grrr" gave me goosebumps

·
Registered
730 Posts
yup completle normal and great. our corvette does the same thing but when u start it the stick shakes like an inch both ways. i think it has to do w/ the engine being in line w/ the trans.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aiiiight that was my biggest fear.

I was really shocked that the dealer didnt even sit us down to talk about price. He did it all standing up and freaking wouldnt budge. He said the car was 24k but now since its winter he will do 22k

The lowest he said he will go is maybe a few hundred lower than that... so 21500.... which is crazy. I was there for about 2-3 hours and wouldnt budge. At the end he asked for my number and said he would call me. NEVER DID... i feel like i was the dealer and he was the customer. Was freaky.

Its been there since SEPT!!! i mean wtf if a buyer is interested atleast lower the price lol... 3 months is alot for a car to sit and wait... they are loosing the $$$ =\

I mean if i can get him down to 19.5 i will get it asap. 2004 15k miles, enthusiast model (g'dammit why not base thats like 2k extra on KBB grrr)

and WTF is webby i need to talk to that guy... need some advice =P

Question.... when a dealer asks for ur number does he then call you the next day with an offer or just asking you to come down and see it.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
hey man, things are crazy with the holiday season. I'll be on more here in the next day or two I promise.

As far as them asking for your number - now they have a way to bug you non stop if another Z would come in or whatever. If you didn't drive it - honestly I don't know how seriously he took you. Even if you did spend hours there. He still might call and ask you to come back in and talk numbers though. Who knows if he has any incentives to sell the car. If they are no where near meeting the monthly quota, he might not be interested in selling it that much (or for a "loss").

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true true he never even asked me to drive it... or if i wanted to. ...

And he seemed to have his hands full to the max... i never seen a used car dealer with so many people in it. AND IT WAS A LINCOLN DEALER!!! wtf is the deal with that

Aaahh well i can dream cant i. Gonna go tomm to the other honda dealer near me. They got a 350 also.... i might go see it... its gonna rain hardcore tomm tho... thank god its indoors

·
Registered
117 Posts
Umm.. I would research on the tire feathering on the 350z's before buying that in a split second. If I'm correct, some 04 model's still had the problem. Most prominent were in 03, but I know for a fact 02's had tire feathering problems.
If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I wouldn't reccommend buying a 350z. In addition, the transmission is very ummm I don't know how to say it, but it is a LOT harder to drive than a Honda because it's too stiff? lol-

well... that's just my 2 cents

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
correct me if im wrong but there wasno 2002 model..... and i belive that the tire problems were fixed in 04. I heard about it yes

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I feel so good. I wrote the dealer an email (yes i know i know) and i said 19k final offer call me if interested. That all happened yesterday. Today i woke up to a phonecall saying ok ill do it come in. That doesnt count in taxes and fees.

Gotta talk it over with the rents... will give the outcome later

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks... i prob would of had it today if it wasnt for my dad being a fucking *****. From 9am we planned on going.... 3:30 comes along and he decides its time to go there. Right before we get on the highway he says if theres traffic were not going. Yea tehre was traffic no fucking **** people are comming back from work. We were still going about 50 and he goes on the shoulder and takes any exit (which made him look like a total dumbass cause instead of taking an exit to a town he went onto another highway and got lost, and i wasnt gonna help that POS)

Im so mad right now. He took the ***** way out of buying a used car by making an excuse. Hope he gets hit by a truck on the way to work tomm.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bah im sorry for my language... i am still kind of mad.

i would never in my life buy an EX for MSRP. The Si isnt even built. Dealer said it may be here in Feb if im lucky... that kind of sucks becuase i was 1st on the waiting list and prob will be the last to get a car.

Paying MSRP for a civic is just stupid IMO... even tho i might end up doing it. Once you roll off the lot u loose 15%. Buying used you can SOMETIMES get a deal that if you sell the car the same day to a person you might even get more than you paid.

My dad's excuse on not wanting to get the Z is that there is no trunk space. He said if i ever needed to travel somewhere I wouldnt be able to pack. Well for 1 I wont travel, 2 i only need enough space for a packpack and books. And the trunk even teaches you how to fit 2 golf bags in there =P

W/e im going back tomm. If i get it woohoo... if i dont im still gonna get an Si =\ If the Si was here today I would get the Si hands down but you dont know how annoying it is to wait for 5 months only to hear you need to wait another 2 more.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
I didn't suggest buying the EX at MSRP. I talked them down $800 off MSRP on mine, less than a week or two after it being delivered to the dealership. Besides your still gonna get hit with taxes buying from a dealership. If your gonna buy used try and save yourself some money by buying from an individual, plus they will negociate price more with you. If your gonna buy a car from a dealership make it a fiji blue Si or an EX. Not a friggin' 350. I know your "rents" gonna pay, but atleast give them a break.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ooh no if im getting the Z im getting it used. 19k vs 20.7 kind of a difference.. he Z still has warranty and all. Ill see what happens tomm..

the only prob is that the Si will sell for a few hundred over invoice in like 1/2 a year. Plus the si is a 2006 when 2007 models will come out in like 1/2 a year too =P

Ill see what happens. I love both cars. But the Z scares me. So much power, and its so low =P

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dude go for an EX. I got my Silver EX Auto the day it got of the truck for $100 over invoice last week. I live in Maryland. I dont work for Honda or anything. I told them that is what I'll pay and they said sure. You just have to hardball them.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
100 over invoice is excellent. Congrats to you on that. I think that's the best I've heard for an EX.

I think Kabs is on a power hunt - he wants as much HP as possible for the money. The Z obviously tops out the SI. I say best of luck to whatever you decide.

·
Registered
287 Posts
~racnjsn04~ said:
Well, they did say you would get 1 fiji blue Si in jan. So Just be patient. Why can't you settle for an EX? IMO an 06EX makes way more sense to buy than a used 350z.
EX is a dog to drive...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts