8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess this isnt Si specific, but since we all have manual I thought id post it here. I know most people put the car in gear when they leave it parked but i never do and never have. Just wondering if anyone else out there leaves it in neutral as well.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
i leave it in neutral unless im on an enourmous hill that makes me feel uneasy about just the ebrake... a friend of mine doesnt use the ebrake and just puts the car in gear... i feel bad everytime i feel the car hold itself in gear...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess im not the only one.

I stahl pretty much everytime i pick my car up from having service done. They always leave it in gear and i never realize so i just start the car then let my foot off the clutch and just as i feel it start to stahl its too late.

·
Registered
173 Posts

I stahl pretty much everytime i pick my car up from having service done. They always leave it in gear and i never realize so i just start the car then let my foot off the clutch and just as i feel it start to stahl its too late.
That's why you need to start a habit of moving your shifter back and forth everytime you start it up. It's like second nature for me.

I will only put my car in gear if I can roll back or forward when I'm stopped. Other than that if I know I'm on flat pavement it's usually just the parking break.

·
Banned
3,352 Posts

I hate when they do that. Most the time they don't engage the ebrake as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Oh and stahl? lol Thinking tools? Stall you mean.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I put it in either first or reverse depending on the angle of the hill and then pull the parking break. Just because I like the extra protection in case my ebrake were to malfunction. Plus its a habit for me to put it in gear so if I did ever randomly forget to pull the break one day, I would have a backup.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.