8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Vibrant with cat on an FA5 has some fitment issues; on cold start, the tech said during this time because of the tolerance, it rattled. He fixed it up with some thermal tape, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do, like maybe lower the exhaust hanger a couple more mm?

Thoughts?

Performance is excellent, btw.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hmmm idk how much this will help, but I have the vibrant catback, and an rt high flow cat. After putting on the vibrant catback, I noticed that there was a rattle at start up, and when I was driving at around 2k rpm. I bent the heatshield up, and made sure all the bolts were tight, on the catback as well as where the rt cat connects to the header. My rattle went away after that. I really think bending up the heatshield helped. I bent the one closer to the rear axles, the one by the cat was fine, but the one behind that was really close to the exhaust. Hope that helps

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe. This is where the header bends to the straight pipe though. Thanks for the input. Since he put the tape on, not big, "CLUNKACLUNKA" on startup.

Just looking for a more permanent fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts