8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else here have a long wait for EX w/ nav? I ordered mine from the dealer and they told me mid December to November?!?! Seems like a long wait for a Galaxy Gray w/ nav?

·
Registered
161 Posts
SSlick406 said:
Does anyone else here have a long wait for EX w/ nav? I ordered mine from the dealer and they told me mid December to November?!?! Seems like a long wait for a Galaxy Gray w/ nav?
I'm having to wait a month for an EX Galaxy Grey coupe with no Nav.

I think in general there are long waits everything.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
almost here HONDA Mexico give 1 coupe per 3 sedans per month(for example)... thats cus they want to sell more the sedan, and if a dealer whant another coupe, they may sell 3 sedans to get an extra coupe for example...
****in marketin

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was originally told I would get my white coupe w/ nav in November. I called a week ago and they told me it's being built in November and would show up in December. If they dont have it in December I will probably buy a different car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Im having to wait 2 weeks for my EX Auto with navi.. coming off the boat in long beach in the next few days. Fresh from Japan.

I could have gotten a blue one a few days ago from the dealer, but I want the silver color...

·
Registered
3 Posts
i didnt have much of a wait. the car was built on 9-21-05 and i took delivery of it on 10-2-05, i didnt have to put down a deposit or anything. Just walked in the dealer and told them what i wanted and two days later it was there!!

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
I think it just depends on where you live. Here in the DC area, there is a huge selection of new Civics of all types. They're moving fast, but the dealers aren't having any trouble keeping them in stock.

Of course if you've narrowed it down to a specific line and color, it make take a bit longer than normal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yoyoniner said:
Aren't the US Civics built in Ohio?
I think you are correct.

Oh... By the way, I put a down payment on 10/08/05 and I'm still waiting for my Atomic Blue Metallic Sedan w/Navi

·
Registered
161 Posts
phrank said:
I think you are correct.

Oh... By the way, I put a down payment on 10/08/05 and I'm still waiting for my Atomic Blue Metallic Sedan w/Navi
Not all are. Some are being made in Canada and others are being made in Japan. I amnot sure what methodology was used if any to decide which models were being made where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
^

Here's the official word from Honda:

"Civic sedans are built in Ohio. Civic hybrids are built in Japan. Civic Si and coupes are built in Canada."

-

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my EX with Navi made in Japan the day after they came out. The first batch of sedans sold in the US were made in Japan, I believe the rest will be made in Ohio.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well when I talked to the dealer he said that for some reason most of the Civics they were getting were from japan. They could tell by the vin numbers.

And my civic ex with navi will be from japan as well. I guess mine is in that first batch or something.

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
1,630 Posts
I waited 6 week for my LX sedan auto... They had a EX with Nav on the lot for sale too, but I just couldn't spend the extra 4 grand for it.

·
Banned
325 Posts
I ordered mine on Monday, It will be delivered on December 15th.

So thats almost 6 weeks to the day

·
Registered
332 Posts
Is it wrong to make the assumption that Civics assembled in Japan vs. Ohio vs. Canada will have different levels of reliability in the long run?

·
Registered
126 Posts
jandree22 said:
Is it wrong to make the assumption that Civics assembled in Japan vs. Ohio vs. Canada will have different levels of reliability in the long run?
People who are Bias towards america will think Japan made civics are better. I own a nissan built in TN. It has 170k miles on it and it still runs fine. The only problem I ever had with it was a bad oxygen sensor (made the check engine light come on). I would say that it has been very reliable. I also have a 2002 civic made in ohio that has had no problems at all.

I personally believe the process of producing a car is so automated with high tech computers/robots on the assembly line that it's not likely going to create that many lemons per X number no matter where it comes from. I think many of the flaws found in cars today are usually poor designing. However thats just my personal opinion based on my expirence with japanese cars built in the united states.

·
Registered
29 Posts
jandree22 said:
The only thing I do find different is that the fit of the body and interior panels are not as good as from Japan. My Mom's canadian civic is also better than my coupe from Ohio. It has been great, and reliable, but the fender gaps and such are noticable. Bothers me everytime. But alas. If I get an 8th gen, it's the SI for me, but I'll scrutinize it much closer before dropping my hard earned cash.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts