8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Would a 2006 Galaxy Grey be covered? I do not have a flaking issue or the crows feet, but rather abnormal fading on the roof. Even with claybar and waxing numerous times over the years..thx in advance all!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Would a 2006 Galaxy Grey be covered? I do not have a flaking issue or the crows feet, but rather abnormal fading on the roof. Even with claybar and waxing numerous times over the years..thx in advance all!
Don't hurt to try but I don't think they will cover since it is pass the seven year warranty on paint.

·
Registered
410 Posts
No, they won't honor the 7 year from date of purchase or first day of service.

They are giving me such a hard time to honor my 08 with still a few days on time.

But call Honda Customer Care and tell them you never knew or received any letters until now and is not fair you got a defective car, etc... and pray to God someone nice might help you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just want to chime in even though this has been a while. I work for a dealer. Paint problems are a pain to deal with, but by no means should they take this long. I can understand your frustration.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I work at a dealer too and it says 7 years and plus 6months of the date the letter was mailed. I'm not sure how that works if you are lets say 2nd or 3rd owner of the car. I just read the bulletin last week and thought that was kind of stupid cuz my paint is started to peel off on the top of my fg2 si. Its right where the rear windshield and the roof connects. Right between the crack. I cant even use touch up paint on that [email protected]#t. And my stupid sunvisor just cracked open this year and cant be honoured for that either cuz its an 06.. sucks man.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I just bought two new sunvisors on ebay.
Why'd ya do that? The visors are a service bulletin update. They would be free (plus the quick labor) when they break, from Honda. They replaced my broken ones free during an oil change. Any chance you can cancel your purchase and contact Honda?

The design of the old little bracket breaks, so they replace the whole unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie here. Just signed-up to share my experience. Bought a 2011 EX-L Nav Crystal Black Pearl with 22,000 miles. One owner. Clean Carfax. My bad, though, for not looking closely enough before buying. Crows feet extend halfway up the hood, across the front of the fenders. 1-2" circular spiderweb cracks on roof, roof rail, and trunk lid.

Getting a horrible run-around from the dealer. I did the research before calling them. Called the salesman. Told him the issue, told him the TSBs that refer to my vehicle, asked him to check to verify warranty with my VIN. No response for a week. Called Honda in the meantime to have them verify. Yep, mine falls under the 7 year extension. Didn't tell the dealer I called them, though.

Finally, I called the dealer back again. Salesman says "his Honda guy" isn't available until next month. But "if I was in a hurry" he would have the assistant parts manager take a look.

I showed Tim the Parts Guy the cracks and he says, "oh this hood has been repainted. Can't do anything." He wouldn't take pics or measurements. OK, so if the hood was repainted, Tim, why are the cracks on the fenders and other spots on the car? Where's documentation that it ever had body work done? What are the odds that an aftermarket hood paint would somehow affect the rest of the car? (Also, my brother is a body painter for 30 years and he said it definitely looks factory. No overspray on the underside of the hood typical of resprays.)

I asked Tim why this is becoming such a hassle. Honda is taking care of it. The dealer isn't out anything. He then says "well, we did two of these before and they ended up getting denied and we had to eat it." I said "Tim, as I understand, Honda has to authorize these BEFORE any work is done." I also said if mine looks like the ones you did before, then why are you saying it was caused by a bad re-paint? Tim realized he was backed into a corner and said he couldn't make any decisions, he needed to talk to his DSM and the salesman would get back to me.

My guess? The salesman told Tim to tell me whatever to get me to go away. I was prepared, so Tim backed away from the situation.

I called Honda that night, told them the story. They're opening a case and a manager is supposed to contact me to act as a liaison to expedite this issue. I think I might ask him/her if I can take it to another dealer, even though they're 90 miles away.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hmm. My dealer woulda taken care of that instantly. Since it falls under the 7 year warranty. Kinda weird they were being such ****s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took my 09 to the dealership about paint. They agreed to have it done. Come to find out they use a local guy. Came back almost worse than before. Swirls like ive never seen. Only thing they fixed was the clearcoat on the trunk. Taking it back this week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
its a shame some dealers give the run around about this. The one i work for spots the cars, sends the pics to our factory rep and gets the people what the car deserves. There are too many jerks in the world

·
Registered
4 Posts
If i would have known ahead of time, i would have cashed out, and went to a paint shop of my choosing, or bought a carbon fiber hood, and been done with it. Hear this... As soon as someone sands off your paint, the factory galvanizing is gone. The metal, and any incorrect, or substandard paint, or prep practices jeopardise the process. They immediately compromise the e-coating of your metal by doing this! The dealer, hondacorp, and/or the body shop will most certainly not own up to it. I have rust bubbling under my paint from very small chips on the front of my hood after 15k miles. When i look at it with an occular, I can see places with both etched e-coating ( galvanising process) where there is no rust, and the spots with bubbling rust has none. I can also see millions of tiny bumps all the way across the front of my hoodline just under the lip that suggests it was not properly prepped, and moisture got under the paint. Furthermore, i had a stone shield put on by the dealer when i bought the car new, and made them reapply one. They slapped it on 1/4" from the front of my hood leaving the most vulnerable place unprotected. They told me that's how they do things? The dealer says it's a collision shop warranty, and they cannot do anything because of rock chips, and the collision shop says the same, with the exception that hondas aftermarket company did a substandard job installing a stone guard. Of course, hondacorp gives you the run around, and tells you to go back to doe. Only problem with that is if i do, i may wind up in jail. Thank you Richfield Bloomington Honda, and Lemettrys collision.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My car paint is cracked pretty badly now. Ofc they won't be doing anything since their "warranty" is already expired. No hopes for an extension?

I am kinda thinking about small claims, but I would probably want keep that if the engine block cracks out of their time limited warranty as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It took me about over a year to get my car painted. This was mainly due to the crappy customer service at the dealership where I was. When I did get them to paint the car they did a pretty crappy job and I had to return my car to the painters a few times. I had problems with my passenger side door. They did not re-attach my door linkage and then on my driver side door they did not reinstall the weather stripping correctly. I am still missing a rear SI badge. I just gave up and considered myself lucky that I got the few parts painted... I still get a little worked up when thinking about the bad customer service from that dealership.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My paint all over is failing, along all the body lines and some paint is completley gone near the rear window.

Although the recall included the roof, trunk and hood, my dealer only took care of the roof.

I will NEVER buy another honda again. I never had such bad paint issues and I also own an old 350z with perfect paint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an 06, and i feel i shouldnt even bother to go to the dealer. They didnt even remotely help me when i asked about an ecu reflash??

·
Registered
122 Posts
It took about two months of calling and visiting the dealer the first go-around before I finally called Honda directly. The next dealer apart from this one is about 50 miles away. I called Honda who issues a "Liaison Notification" to the dealer and within MINUTES of hanging up with Honda, the dealer called me and told me to drop it off at a local paint shop. hooray- off I went.

Dropped it off there and about 3 weeks later (no loaner) I get the car back with the hood, fenders, roof, trunk and spoiler with fresh paint. awww yiss.

went to work that day which is a second shift.. leave work at midnight and come to find out (thanks to a co-worker) that not a single light on the rear end of the car was working. no brake lights, reverse, blinkers, tags, nothing. I also noticed the next day when I was able to get a closer inspection of the car that the pillars had been hit by a grinder on the very top edge and bare metal was showing. I called the paint shop and I was not happy.

At first they said they aren't a mechanics shop, they're a paint shop. Then they decided they could at least go over the fuse boxes which they did- replaced a couple blown fuses and the lights worked. woot!.. they touched up the bare metal with what looked like black fingernail polish. what ever, im tired of this shop- I'm out.

aaaaand fast forward about 3 months, my doors and pillars begin to peel. I talked to the dealer multiple times, they took photos multiple times, they even took my name number and info multiple times. nothing. I call Honda, Honda says they'll do the same thing they did last time, I put it on hold because at this particular point in time I simply cannot be without my own transportation.

Hard times pass, I finally get an opportunity, I call Honda back in preparation for this fix, and they tell me I'm 3 months out of the warranty extension period and my only option is a "Goodwill service" from the dealer. I'm done messing with this dealer, I'm NOT sending the car back to this craptastic paint shop.. so whatever. I've been rocking peeling clear coat for about a year now. I'll save and either dip the damn thing or have it professionally sprayed at another shop when I get the money. that's how fed up I am with dealers.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts