8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all honestly, i thought it sucked. The "Honda at speed" history segment was nice, i wish it would've been an hour long going into more detail, but for half an hour it was pretty nice. Tommy Kendall just didn't talk much about the car. Both when he was evaluating it by himself or with Danica Patrick. For those that didn't see it, i'll try and put it in a nutshell (other's, make corrections as seen fit)..

He said rev's high, rev's it a lot. said the brakes suck. it's pretty spacious. it doesnt make 300 hp but is a fun car.

:xyxnervou

come on man! I understand you don't have it that long but seriously. I think he mentioned the previous SI once in that whole part. no comparisons to the last si coupe? he didn't dive into anything. it's like he just skimmed the broucher and high lighted what he remembered.

Then the racing segment with danica patrick was a bit of a joke too. They just talked about idle crap. with the likes of adam corolla or even jeff gordan and the z06, they talk about how the car feels, hot it performs, what else is in its class and how it is better/worse. what they'd like to change, what they wouldn't. they gave FEEDBACK!!!!

then for the last part, they had a couple of the tuner SI cars. they just looked at the K&N car? :banghead: the show is for test driving!!!

and that s/c SI, wasn't that freaking dropped acura engine?! 2.4 liters? I'm thinkin'..that aint right... and even that thing, didn't impress me very much.

after that..looked at the tein car :banghead: again, no TEST DRIVING.

lastly, the motegi car, which i'm pretty fond of. I think they addressed some good stuff and really turned it into a solid race car, but thats yet to be proven. with that, and the s/c 2.4 liter SI, they had a drag race. the blown si took the win but not by very much at all, what was that, 1 car length tops?

This is a long post, i'm sorry if you've read up until this point and wasted your time :thumb: But i'm just mad that the show was so crap. Generally the show does quite well in giving driver feedback on the vehicle, plus you get to see/hear what is going on (something an article doesn't give you). what are your guys/gals thoughts on it?

I've been trying to not hype the car up so much for myself, but maybe after all this time i've created a higher and higher expectation. my test drive is gonna have to really impress me now :eek:hnoes:

---Colin-

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with you totally, its as if every car on that show has no faults. Its like a F-ing talk show, oh and by the way we might drive the car. How about spending a couple dollars and getting some test equipment so we can see what the car can actually do.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
You have to keep in mind that the 30-min show was simply the Test Drive segment.

The actual review played almost a month ago on Speed and was SO much better. Last night's show was more of a "now that you know about it, let us tease you with it".

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
it seemed like a nice test drive, that one hot chick cracked me up...this a great car...for a teenager! hahahaha.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I do feel that compared to the recent Z06 'test drive' that the Si test drive was rather flat. There was quite a bit more talk surrounding comprable cars, handling, etc., in the Z06 test drive.

I could care less that Danica Patrick was part of the show. Perhaps if they had gotten someone else there might have been more 'serious' discussion, rather than jokes about the dog collar...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aznkukuboi said:
This is why I prefer Top Gear or Fifth Gear's reviews. So much better.

heheh, who doesnt? :driving: both are great shows if you're an automotive enthusiat for sure. I wish they had an american equivalant so we see more cars that are sold here, put through their standards :popcorn: but i'm not complaining, they are great shows.

semi off topic, which company do you guys/gals prefer to read a review from? In all honesty, Car and Driver has always been #1 in my heart. I've read others, but i dont feel they have the broad experience and knowledge as c&d have. maybe i'm just super biased.

Of course, my own review is always the best for me :rolleyes:

---Colin-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts