8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(rant)Ok, if you have the OEM Navigation you should probably be able to relate to this. My car will celebrate it's first birthday in about a month, and I'm starting to yell at the Navigation more and more...

The voice activation is great, when it works, but I hate trying to say "AUDIO OFF" and I get "AUDIO ON"!! Then I'll repeat myself and it'll say ever so f**kin politely "AUDIO ON"! Within the past months I've almost punched my nav a million times.

"FIND NEAREST GAS STATION" leads me to "HIDE GAS STATIONS"
"GO HOME" doesn't ever take me home
"XM ONE PRESET ONE" gets me "XM CHANNEL ONE HUNDRED ONE"

Thanks for listening..:chill:

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
sorry i dont have navi but i have yelled at my car, several times...

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
The Meanie runs the show. I don't yell at him but I will beg and sweat talk. Now the Navigation (The parasitic talking tumor in the dashboard) I yell at. I hate that betch.

I insult the Volvo though. Helga listens when I boss her around and threaten to trade her in for an Accord coupe. She's moody and doesn't really care for me all that much.

·
Banned
13,636 Posts
The Meanie runs the show. I don't yell at him but I will beg and sweat talk. Now the Navigation (The parasitic talking tumor in the dashboard) I yell at. I hate that betch.

I insult the Volvo though. Helga listens when I boss her around and threaten to trade her in for an Accord coupe. She's moody and doesn't really care for me all that much.
:theyareon

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I hear ya... And sometimes I'll almost wanna take itt out and scream at it!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I curse at my damn shifter on a regular basis... Missing gears and grinding I told it I wasn't going to drive or wash it for a week and she acted better I tell you she's just like my 2nd girlfriend

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
(rant)Ok, if you have the OEM Navigation you should probably be able to relate to this. My car will celebrate it's first birthday in about a month, and I'm starting to yell at the Navigation more and more...

The voice activation is great, when it works, but I hate trying to say "AUDIO OFF" and I get "AUDIO ON"!! Then I'll repeat myself and it'll say ever so f**kin politely "AUDIO ON"! Within the past months I've almost punched my nav a million times.

"FIND NEAREST GAS STATION" leads me to "HIDE GAS STATIONS"
"GO HOME" doesn't ever take me home
"XM ONE PRESET ONE" gets me "XM CHANNEL ONE HUNDRED ONE"

Thanks for listening..:chill:
It's because your navi is a woman.

I quit using the voice commands a long time ago for this very reason.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.