8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
k20 sdn who was ride of the month a few months back has the Spoon monoblock calipers.

Its not that hard to do, but if you have never flushed brake fluid and bleed brakes than i probably wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.

Another thing to consider is most 4 piston calipers would require different a new set of wheels with a higher offset and/ or a wider rim to clear the caliper or a 20mm spacer with stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
Its not that hard to do, but if you have never flushed brake fluid and bleed brakes than i probably wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.
Pad change is easy. But Honda torques the hell out of the caliper bolts. You need a nice sized breaker bar.
:yeahthat:

PB blaster and a breaker bar were necessary to get the bolts loose. I also had to disconnect the brake line entirely even after loosening/removing the bleeder screw to push the piston back into place - even with a c-clamp's help it wouldn't budge, so a full bleed was required for each of the fronts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Putting my first set of rims on in a few days, pushing 46,000, probably gonna do it all at the same time so I can coat my nice new rims in brake dust. I'm glad to hear its pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jesus i must be breaking to much then im at 45k and i can start to hear the squeak im going to change em tomorrow if this jersey weather is as nice as it is today.. just doing pads and im still using LX stocks tires took of HFP's for the winter and cause of a flat heh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Follow up to the post a few hours ago...Just put my new rims on and took a look at the brake pads...turns out that all of them are fine. 46,888 miles and still alive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts