8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
yup yup... HELLA branded H11 6000K HIDs... :D i freakin' love the look & i had the look (HID heads & fogs @ 6000K) on my old Civic listed in my sig.

pics of current setup w/ old wheels
================

:dancing:

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
too bright bro.
its the P&S camera on auto setting i promise (LIGHT is very hard to caputer correctly without a DSLR camera & some skills with manual settings). its not an issue of glare @ all & ive never in the 6 months or so of owning the kits been high-beamed by a single motorist while traveling @ night. :)

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
its the P&S camera on auto setting i promise (LIGHT is very hard to caputer correctly without a DSLR camera & some skills with manual settings). its not an issue of glare @ all & ive never in the 6 months or so of owning the kits been high-beamed by a single motorist while traveling @ night. :)

I like the fogs, they look sick! Where did you pick up the kit? They are OEM fogs correct?

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
I like the fogs, they look sick! Where did you pick up the kit? They are OEM fogs correct?
foglight kit...yes
HID kit...no. i picked them up off another forum for a steal. TWO HID kits shipped from Germany $375 when they were first being offered.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Those ballast look exactly like the KLIGHT chinese ballast that i have for my headlights. And your install is not too good, your wires are aiming up possibly allowing moisture to collect in the casing.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
never been a problem as i do not ride with the bumper off or hanging & whatnot... ive had my HID kits since 3 months after i owned it... so that's now 6 months riding on no failure, flickering, misfire, etc... :)

if anything DOES ever come up tho, that'll be the first place i check i suppose. thanks for the tip. ballasts are HELLA Germany branded. its written on the ballast itself along with a bunch of unintelligible German wording here & there. wish i had a close-up macro shot to share.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
fogs...go with yellow bulbs from any brand since they're cheapo anyway. You kinda gotta take the bumper off though.
As far as the hid kit is related, they look horrible. 7th pic, cutoff on the fence is at about 40+ ft and instead of the beam going downwards as every normal and properly made light does, it is instead shooting upwards. Also, the ground for which the trucks are parked, it's not a level ground.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts