8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in California and it looks like I am going to Arizona on Saturday to get my Si! Anyone have any experience buying out of state?

Reason being... Only one place in the state of California has the color I want in a coupe with Navi... And they are wanting to mark it up $2k over msrp. But I can get it in Arizona for a couple hundred under msrp...

Specifically I am wondering about taxes and smog checks. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I live in California and it looks like I am going to Arizona on Saturday to get my Si! Anyone have any experience buying out of state?

Reason being... Only one place in the state of California has the color I want in a coupe with Navi... And they are wanting to mark it up $2k over msrp. But I can get it in Arizona for a couple hundred under msrp...

Specifically I am wondering about taxes and smog checks. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Not sure about smog checks. I am in MO and bought the car in KS. In MO you pay sales tax when you register the car but in KS you pay sales tax to the dealership. Since I am a MO resident, I defaulted to the Missouri laws and will pay sales tax when I register the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems to be what I am hearing as well. Hopefully it won't take too long... Its a long drive back.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought my 08 Si in Phoenix, AZ last month. It was really easy... just tell the dealership you are going to register in CA and make sure they charge the sales tax for CA or you'll be paying the difference when you register at the DMV.

I was faced with the same situation, all the local dealers have a $2K markup on the SI's and they didn't want to budge on price, so I started shopping online and the dealerships in AZ were willing to negotiate. Plus, they were the only dealership within 500 miles that had the color I wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts