8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BCRH and I get a CEL about every 30-50 miles. I do have the angled defouler installed also, but I think I heard of someone using two defoulers to get rid of the CEL. Anybody have any info??

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
with the angled defouler you dont need two.
with the original defouler it pretty much is two defoulers stacked on top of one another

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
i use two with my DC Sport, the second one that the sensor is in is bored out to 1/2" and the first one that fits in the exhaust has the stick hole at 1/4"

edit: the wires are 1-2mm from the body now :D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm....I wish there was a D.I.Y. for this. I had a shop do the install so I will probably go back to them to tell them what to do.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
its actually really easy to do.
Just buy the two defoulers, and take a 1/2" drill bit and drill the hole on one of them out with that drill bit to make it big enough for the 02 sensor to fit.
then after that take the one you drilled and put screw it on top of the other one, attach the 02 sensor and header, then bam done.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
With the BCRH, you cant use two defoulers. Well you can but the wires on the O2 sensor will be very close to rubbing on the frame of the car. Go with the Angled Defouler from Strut king. Here is mine using two regular defoulers.

Here it is using the right angle defouler. Must more clearance, and have never thrown a CEL.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its actually really easy to do.
Just buy the two defoulers, and take a 1/2" drill bit and drill the hole on one of them out with that drill bit to make it big enough for the 02 sensor to fit.
then after that take the one you drilled and put screw it on top of the other one, attach the 02 sensor and header, then bam done.
Standard defoulers right?? And can they be bought at like Autozone or Pepboys?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the BCRH, you cant use two defoulers. Well you can but the wires on the O2 sensor will be very close to rubbing on the frame of the car. Go with the Angled Defouler from Strut king. Here is mine using two regular defoulers.

Here it is using the right angle defouler. Must more clearance, and have never thrown a CEL.

The angled one is what I have, but I wonder why I am throwing a CEL so frequently. :xyxnervou

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
it could be your 02 sensor gone or just a case of bad luck. some people never get CEL's some people get them quite often, Defoulers are really hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I knew it was kind of hit or miss. Maybe I will have the code read and see if it is maybe the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have an update!!!! The reason I keep throwing a CEL every 30 miles was because the shop that did the install did not put the defouler in :banghead:
Apparently, they did not know I had a defouler because it was buried in the "popcorn" packing in the header box. Hopefully, no more CEL!!

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
I drove around for almost a year with my CEL on and when i found out about the defouler and installed it i missed the lil guy, lighting up my dash... it looked bare and black without it...

my DC race headers didnt come with it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts