8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my current DD and highly considering an 8th Si (or possibly a 9th). I previously autocrossed an RSX-S in the now defunct STF class. I'd like my new DD to be reasonably competitive in autocross in case of breakage on my current autocross car (STS Miata).

I know the Si can get it done in HS, but I'm not sure I could drive the car for long in HS prep (every car I've ever owned has been lowered with bolt on's, basically ST lite). I'm contemplating BC DR spec coilovers (10k/20k rates), big rear sway bar, 17x9f/17x8r wheels, bolt ons w/Flashpro for a start. If it's anything like my last two cars, it will spiral out of control from there. Would this be even reasonably competitive locally? Or should I save a few thousand $ and just suck it up and run HS (and have a nationally competitive back up)?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
It really depends on who you are competing with locally, but the 8th Si is totally capable of being competitive in STX. It's certainly possible that a guy will show up in his modified 3 Series and blow your pants off, but my experience has shown that the 8th Gen Si can certainly hang in the category. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but it really has to do with how competent of a build you have. I got killed by a really well put together Acura Integra the last time I went out, but if you looked at the stats between our cars you never would have thought his car would have been competitive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts