8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the law on White LED's for my blinkers in the back. Im in Florida...They look great but just wondering ? :wavey: thanks guys

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I doubt you can have white as it's the designated color for reverse lights. I know here in Cali you can have forward facing blinkers in white, ...it may be similar over there.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt you can have white as it's the designated color for reverse lights. I know here in Cali you can have forward facing blinkers in white, ...it may be similar over there.
Yeah im not sure. my freind got pulled over because the first cop told him you cant be blue....but when the backup for the cop showed up he said.."theyre white not blue" and let him go....So im not sure if the cops were just being nice or what

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Sounds like the backup officer may have been his supervisor, probably the sergeant. Anyway, also sounds like he may have been too lazy to fill out the paper work for such a minor offense.

Back home in Honolulu, blue lights are treated like a major offense, ...as is all minor offenses. Anyway, blue light's will get you a heavy fine of a misdemeanor with a 30 day jailtime and a $2000 fine, ...all for impersonating a police vehicle. Yeah, Honolulu Police are pretty strict.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like the backup officer may have been his supervisor, probably the sergeant. Anyway, also sounds like he may have been too lazy to fill out the paper work for such a minor offense.

Back home in Honolulu, blue lights are treated like a major offense, ...as is all minor offenses. Anyway, blue light's will get you a heavy fine of a misdemeanor with a 30 day jailtime and a $2000 fine, ...all for impersonating a police vehicle. Yeah, Honolulu Police are pretty strict.
HOLY CRAP!!!! lol I never would have thought that.....You guys got it rough with the cops there....You ever had the luxury :dancing: of having that happen =P

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
No, but I have several family members and really close friends working for HPD (Honolulu Police Department) and they've told me lots of stories of such things.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, but I have several family members and really close friends working for HPD (Honolulu Police Department) and they've told me lots of stories of such things.
Sounds cool.....you guys have alot of civic meets over there?

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Technically LEDs if any color when replacing incandescent bulbs are illegal. They do not provide the correct wide beam pattern. Color of blinkers for the rear must be amber or
red. White or cheeseball fake bluish is illegal.

It's moslty common sense. Purpose of blinkers is to warn other drivers. Amber and red are warning colors. White is not.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Also, iirc, back in the day when I was in college, a looooooooooong time ago, racers would hook up their reverse lights to a momentary switch. Whenever they wanted to call someone out to a street race, they'd cut them off and flash them the reverse lights. LEO's might think you're calling out for a street race if you change your blinkers to white. That'd suck if your Civic got impounded for street racing just because you were trying to signal with your white bulbs to change lanes.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Same here in California, white blinkers up front is legal eagle and good to go. Actually I've been thinking about going this route. At first I was gonna put in those silver coated amber bulbs, but after seeing how dim they really are, going instead with white bulbs up front will give a clean look and give you nice bright blinkers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts