8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wondering if any of you have the Skunk2 70mm for the Si? If you either have it or have heard it in person, what are you impressions? I know this is a LOUD exhaust, especially in :vtec:. That being said, will you eventually get used to it? How is it on a daily basis? Does it drone on the highway? What about the gains?

Sorry for all the questions, but I wanna get a better feel for the Skunk2 b4 I plunk down my hard earned cash. I also don't want to be like this driving everyday...:SHOCKED:

If somebody has the exhaust, where'd you buy it? I don't have access to a lift, so I'd probably get it installed. Know of a cheap and reliable place locally? TIA:wavey:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
if you're worried about loudness and droning i dont think skunk2 is the one for you :eek:hnoes: although it does sound mean ask fk! talk to vinz he's got one on his r18.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Im not in the 604, but 905 :D

I got the 70mm Skunk2 on my Si, so on to answer your questions...Personally I love the exhaust and everyone always complements me on it. It is loud, you have that part right, but to be honest with you, I hardly even notice it anymore. At first I was like :eek:mg: this is way to loud for a DD, but I got use to it. You will get drone on the hwy, but doesnt bother me really. I drove to the Dragon meet in NC this summer with the exhaust on with my gf and she wasnt bothered by it. Gain wise, the butt dyno says it frees up some power.

Another option would be to get the 60mm one which is a bit "quieter"

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :thumb:

·
Banned
49,418 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi guys, wondering if any of you have the Skunk2 70mm for the Si? If you either have it or have heard it in person, what are you impressions? I know this is a LOUD exhaust, especially in :vtec:. That being said, will you eventually get used to it? How is it on a daily basis? Does it drone on the highway? What about the gains?

Sorry for all the questions, but I wanna get a better feel for the Skunk2 b4 I plunk down my hard earned cash. I also don't want to be like this driving everyday...:SHOCKED:

If somebody has the exhaust, where'd you buy it? I don't have access to a lift, so I'd probably get it installed. Know of a cheap and reliable place locally? TIA:wavey:
hey man...if you want to hear it in person let me know...i don't have DOHC so yours will sound different up there...but low-mid it will sound similar (i've heard a SI with skunk2 before).

good luck!

oh and if you put the silencer on it actually reduces noise quite a bit

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm leaning towards the Skunk2....definitely sounds sExY!!! Maybe I'll pair it up with the Vibrant RH w/ HFC :biggrin:

The Skunk2 has that deep, throaty sound; IMO the best sounding exhaust for the Si. Evo2 is alright, but it's not much louder than stock. Vibrant Catback is in between Skunk2 and Evo2 volume wise, but it looks too stockish for my liking.

What do you guys think? Any other exhaust I should consider?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i was listening to that new hks exhaust and it sounds great! if i had an si thats what i would probably get. very clean bassy sound wihthout the raspiness. but if you arent afraid of the five'oh the skunk2 70mm wuld get you the best gains (so some are saying) for the buck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'm very happy with my megan racing cat back + dcrh + injen cai. i have never compared it to any other aftermarket exhausts on Si's in person but I can't imagine an exhaust being too much louder than my set up.

when i start up my car in the morning, i set off numerous car alarms all the way on the other side of the parkade, just by idling. my favourite part about my set up is the exhaust gargle when i shift, and of course 6k+ rpm :p

maybe at a future meet we can get some sound clips of modified si's in the 604.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am excited for the day i get to hear a 70mm skunk2 Si flyby :)
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on the Skunk2 70mm exhaust:biggrin:
Can't wait to slap it on and put her into :vtec:

i'm very happy with my megan racing cat back + dcrh + injen cai. i have never compared it to any other aftermarket exhausts on Si's in person but I can't imagine an exhaust being too much louder than my set up.
With such a loud exhaust, have you had any trouble with the cops?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on the Skunk2 70mm exhaust:biggrin:
Can't wait to slap it on and put her into :vtec:

With such a loud exhaust, have you had any trouble with the cops?
I haven't had any run ins with the police yet *knock on wood*, but you may with that 70mm skunk2! :p DO IT!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.