8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking for the 1/4 mile of the SI, just the 140hp coupe.

BTW, it has to be stick. I'm thinking low to mid 16's

I read all the articles and nowhere does it state the 1/4 mile of the regular coupe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The coupe I'm looking at is the DX, which is only going to be 259x.

I don't need anything fancy. Just going for the minumum.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I dunno. I think 16 is being generous. The Si is probably in the 15s (being realistic here). I'd imagine the Si to be quite faster. What I'd do is look up the 155HP RSX speed (can probably find at http://www.clubrsx.com) and add a wee bit to the time. That's assuming that the weight is about the same.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scourge said:
I dunno. I think 16 is being generous. The Si is probably in the 15s (being realistic here). I'd imagine the Si to be quite faster. What I'd do is look up the 155HP RSX speed (can probably find at http://www.clubrsx.com) and add a wee bit to the time. That's assuming that the weight is about the same.

I have reseached the RSX. I really want the RSX 5 speed base but that is $100+ more a month in payments. The RSX is 2734lbs and is at about high 15's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
`04 EX Coupe 5-speed running consistant high 16's, 16.8's...

More power, but also more weight, Ima guess about the same time as an `04...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
well... i dont know where to put this post so i decide that this topic maybe is the right one

does somebody knows or HONDA had relase the engine code of an EX??

·
Registered
141 Posts
^R18 is all thats been released so far I believe...

Should be more specific when the car is released...

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jdm8thgen said:
Id say 0-60 8.0-8.1 1.4 in [email protected] 85-86mph
That be awfully quick for a regular civic. The RSX base is hitting that time but it has 15hp more and 11tq more and 141lbs more. :eek: :D

LOL so basicly you're shaving 9/10 of a second with 15hp and 11tq and and 141 more lbs.

I think the new civic (not Si) with i/h/e and manual should see mid 15's easy, anybody object?

·
Banned
93 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
That's the gas mileage for the coupe. Compaq888 was talking about the Si being a gas guzzler. MPH hasn't been released for the Si that I've seen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

your wrong, not officially released but all magazines ( car and driver, motortrend) has 18/26 :eek: that's about the same as as mustang

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
all I had to do was look at the rsx type s gas mileage and lower that number. The SI will be heavier.

The regular coupe is not a gas guzzler. I'd rather have a 140hp that gets good gas mileage than a premium sucking 200hp gas guzzler.

·
Registered
204 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
That's the gas mileage for the coupe. Compaq888 was talking about the Si being a gas guzzler. MPH hasn't been released for the Si that I've seen. Correct me if I'm wrong.
My bad...thought we were talking about the regular ex. Reading owns me.
I think the si will be more in the 23/28 range but then it will get better once broken in

1 - 20 of 21 Posts