8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you for the purchase of the new speedometer. As a reminder, unless we receive your old unit with your purchase we can not synch it with the new unit. Therefore the new cluster provided is supplied as-is with no warranty or receipt. The extra $$ was appreciated though!

:useless:

/?missing digits?
Haha no. I work for Honda corporate. We had a left-over car used for emissions testing training and I picked it up for pennies.

At the time of sale it had 589 miles.

Only pic I have snapped of it a few miles later lol

·
Registered
265 Posts
i'm a bit over 178,000 miles. I need to do my spark plugs soon, clean my injen filter, rear stock suspension has been leaky since 100,000 miles. Bought it brand new with 80 miles and Single...Now Married and two kids and a dog. We all cant fit in the car so Dog rides up front and kids in the back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased a 2011 civic si last month with 82k miles on it. Feels brand new :p I drive up and down northern and southern California. No problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is my 07 that I picked up a couple of weeks ago for my daily driver. I bought it at 219k from the original owner and I have been really enjoying it so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
07 FG2 233k + still runs great. Usual wear items and a few unusual but it’s still running strong.
Ya I mean I’ve been going through and changing fluids but ya still runs really strong! I Ben bee debating on doing a timing chain but every where I look here says it’s not needed but i keep thinking what if my chain is stretched.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im at just about 250K. I had to replace the ac and Ive had issues with calipers getting stuck etc... and than one guy cut my parking brake recently when he switched out my pads/rotors. He said i was rubbing. the AC happend at about 150K. the brake issue just happend

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 Coupe that is at 206K, changed out my oem clutch at 203K. Still drives great, changed out the oem flywheel to the exedy light flywheel and that has been great. I also just picked up a 2007 Coupe at 102K mileage for 5K, its in good condition and drives well also, just had to do the 100K service to it and change out the dampers for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
And she runs as strong as day one.

On 2nd replacement (3rd OEM) clutch. The stock suspension was bad and replaced with koni yellows and neuspeed springs 3-4 years ago and is still on it. Compliance bushings were replaced once and are being replaced along with steering rack bushings and both pulleys in a week. I replaced both rear hubs once on the left side and twice on the right due to bad bearings. I just replaced both front door checkers and the passenger window regulator as well as the vent mode motor. The AC compressor went out after 10 years and was replaced with the OEM Denso unit. The starter also died a year ago and was replaced after 10 years.

It's a great car overall. It takes care of me as long as I take care of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Civic Si Sedan 68K miles
44 Posts
And she runs as strong as day one.

On 2nd replacement (3rd OEM) clutch. The stock suspension was bad and replaced with koni yellows and neuspeed springs 3-4 years ago and is still on it. Compliance bushings were replaced once and are being replaced along with steering rack bushings and both pulleys in a week. I replaced both rear hubs once on the left side and twice on the right due to bad bearings. I just replaced both front door checkers and the passenger window regulator as well as the vent mode motor. The AC compressor went out after 10 years and was replaced with the OEM Denso unit. The starter also died a year ago and was replaced after 10 years.

It's a great car overall. It takes care of me as long as I take care of it.
Very nnice

I just picked up a 1 owner, 2010 with 68K miles. HOpe mine lasts as long as yours

·
Registered
2010 Civic Si Sedan 68K miles
44 Posts
Really nice. Yea no major issues this far in... Just basic servicing. This car will treat you well of you take care of it for sure
Your 268k gives me inspiration

because when I read the forum I keep thinking ac will die,trans will crunch’s need die, cmc will die. Maybe I should stop reading and start driving !

·
Registered
106 Posts
My current '06 coupe has 198k. I bought it used with 139k. Its been pretty good to me considering the high milage , and the bad new england road salt corrosion. Parts ive needed to replace beyond normal wear items were:

1 Rear hub bearing
1 Front hub bearing
Both CV axles
Hood cable (plastic pull snapped off)
Clutch / brake rubber foot lever pads.
Cat heat shrouds (corrodded)

Im actually in the process of replacing many of my chassis' badly rusted components. I just swapped out the high milage engine for a engine that only has 54k, and my cars' exterior body is very solid.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2008 Civic Si sedan. 220,000 miles! Been amazing. We bought the car used with 75,000 miles in 2013. Throughout the time owning it we replaced battery, starter, rear wheel bearings, A/C fan clutch and the clutch clutch at 210,000 miles.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts