8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm at 105,000mi including ~50 track days and redlining almost every drive. Oil analyses have shown the engine computer to be conservative with change intervals, but generally close. I run with 0.5-1 extra qt oil to keep things lubricated in high-g cornering. Engine is doing great by the oil analyses.

The transmission needed replacement at ~70k miles for reliable track use. On second set of (upgraded) suspension components (bushings, ball joints, dampers, springs, engine/tranny mounts) to keep things smooth.

Other than the transmission, no major issues!
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
180k on my 07 SI. Unfortunately, I had to replace my clutch and shocks, and my compressor is dead, but other than that everything is still running great, engine is as strong as had been with just slightly less mpg than back when new in 07. I am still excited about driving it everyday! =D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
180k on my 07 SI. Unfortunately, I had to replace my clutch and shocks, and my compressor is dead, but other than that everything is still running great, engine is as strong as had been with just slightly less mpg than back when new in 07. I am still excited about driving it everyday! =D
Clutch and shocks are wear items especially at that mileage.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I traded in my 06 fg2 with 219k. It crossed 219 on the trip from Nashville to Little Rock to pick up my 2013 mazdaspeed3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am on a 2008 Civic LX. Currently at 182000 miles. I am close and should hit this next year. So far with regular maintenance, the only issues I have are with power windows, drive and passenger side. One wont go up the other will come up tweaked. Not too bad. Oh and the sunvisor. The engine is still strong and mileage still great. Feel I can hit another 100k without issues.

·
Registered
188 Posts
153k on my 06 si and I had to get a clutch kit yesterday because a spring on my pressure plate blew out after a downshift. Not sure if it's the original clutch but I'm assuming so. Replacing the HFP shocks with Koni's, upstream O2 sensor last year was replaced, other than that she's been good to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm at 165k on my 2010 Si! Other than wear and tear it's been a good running healthy car!

For those who want to know what wear and tear so far it's been:

-Starter
-Battery
-New set of tires
-Passenger sunvisor (Honda took care of me)

·
Registered
116 Posts
2,100 miles on my 2011 FA5. 1,500 miles put on it in 3 weeks... but now it's going back in the garage. Only problem is that damn screw hole in the bumper the dealerships make!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
2,100 miles on my 2011 FA5. 1,500 miles put on it in 3 weeks... but now it's going back in the garage. Only problem is that damn screw hole in the bumper the dealerships make!
Thank you for the purchase of the new speedometer. As a reminder, unless we receive your old unit with your purchase we can not synch it with the new unit. Therefore the new cluster provided is supplied as-is with no warranty or receipt. The extra $$ was appreciated though!

:useless:

/?missing digits?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Civic SI Hatchback with 217K. I would say, run it till the wheels fall off or until it costs too much to maintain. I take mine on 1400 miles trips and do not worry. I've had to replace the air conditioner and C converter (can't spell; for smog control) but things where out I guess. I've using Mobil 1 or Castrol syntec. most of the miles are highway (living in Texas). Hope that helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
2006 EX with a little over 200k. All I've ever done was whatever the maintenance minder told me to do. The only real problem I had with the civic was the visors but a couple of cable ties fixed that. Plus I added an oil valve which makes oil changes a snap.

In the past month, my car started sounding like one of those old school Disneyland Autopia cars, really lawnmowery. I recently stuck in new plugs without checking the gap so that might be it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
No joke. I have an 09 si, 206k last time I checked. Not one problem yet. What I'm looking for is; are there any hard internals I should be replacing. Timing chain tensioner? Or something to that nature?
Nope, just keep up with the standard maintenance.

The only thing I could think of that is not included in that would be the water pump. But those usually don't leak on these cars.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts