8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night before i went out and got extremely drunk, i was flipping around the channels, and i see a new civic..
I thought it was a commercial for the coupes comming out.
Its a weird commercial the car is like jumping from roof top to roof top.
They never showed the front of the car(from what i saw)
then the thing takes its last jump and stops(again u are looking at the ass end of the ride)and its clearly a red SI
then it cuts to text and says civic si
HONDA

So then it got me thinking if the car isnt comming out till december, why in the hell is commericals already airing?
:SHOCKED:
i wants it

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I saw something similiar on TV about the Sedan like two weeks before it was being released...maybe the same for the Si, lets hope, though I've called a couple of dealers around here and they all say the same about the Si, end of Nov, starting Dec.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
haha- nice. Yah, they probably did it just to get some attention going about the car. "good things come to those who wait" lol.

I bet they just want people to talk about it, and pump up the attention around it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ads are already out. I seen then in Import tuner, and in Sport Compact Car.
but yeah, I really want to see this commercal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I saw it and thought it was pretty cool. kadenx, you were right, spiderman was the first thing I thought of. I think that Honda is going to market the Civic very aggressively and they arae going to push the "top" model, even if it isn't available, just to get people in the dealership and create some buzz.

I've also seen a lot of the new TV spot for the Accord coupe. My favorite though is the commercial that aired when the '03 Accord came out where the guy goes to the doctor cause his foot is made of lead. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
My dealer ship got 3 Civics, (2LX 1EX) yesterday, they wouldnt let me test drive, they just got them 2 hours before i was there. About 3 weeks ago they put all the old civics up in the front. The sale guy said they have to try to sell the old civics first. They are going to keep the new civics in the back (that where I saw them) for a while, so only those buyers who know about the new civic, will have to ask, in order to get the new ones.

Honda year end clearance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
mcpaige said:
My dealer ship got 3 Civics, (2LX 1EX) yesterday, they wouldnt let me test drive, they just got them 2 hours before i was there. About 3 weeks ago they put all the old civics up in the front. The sale guy said they have to try to sell the old civics first. They are going to keep the new civics in the back (that where I saw them) for a while, so only those buyers who know about the new civic, will have to ask, in order to get the new ones.

Honda year end clearance.
Lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've checked the online inventory for a couple of the dealerships around here and I've noticed that they only have 2005s listed even though I know they '06s in stock. I don't know if this is on purpose, or if they just don't keep their stuff updated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I saw the commercial the other day, i was wondering too who else thought about spiderman...
good looking commercial, but unrealistic...:rollseyes:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the tv on in the background, while i was talking with some one, and I just saw the Sedan commercial TWICE in the last 2 hours...

there's a part with spiders...i hate spiders...

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
FutureSiOwner said:
I have the tv on in the background, while i was talking with some one, and I just saw the Sedan commercial TWICE in the last 2 hours...

there's a part with spiders...i hate spiders...

Yep-I just saw that one also. There's a snake in it-I HATE SNAKES!! :xyxnervou

·
Registered
144 Posts
2fast4u2 said:
Yep-I just saw that one also. There's a snake in it-I HATE SNAKES!! :xyxnervou
well, I guess Honda is trying to appeal to the Crocodile Hunter.

"alright mates i'll take my thumb and I'll shove it up the car's Ass!"
-a variation of Cartman's twist on the Crocodile Hunter

but anyway, i haven't seen the commercial. i'm tryin to see it but i can't! :banghead:

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
davydany said:
well, I guess Honda is trying to appeal to the Crocodile Hunter.

"alright mates i'll take my thumb and I'll shove it up the car's Ass!"
-a variation of Cartman's twist on the Crocodile Hunter

but anyway, i haven't seen the commercial. i'm tryin to see it but i can't! :banghead:
Lol!

Maybe you're trying too hard.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts