8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any way to mod the pass-through area from the trunk to the inside of the car? Those two little triangle things are quite annoying and really limit what stuff you can carry in your car.

I have marked off in green the area that I'm talking about. Not sure if this area is like this for structural reasons or what, but I find it kind of annoying when I'm trying to fit stuff in and it just doesn't fit because of those 2 stupid little triangle things.

Another thing that kind of bugs me is that they don't just block off the area where the trunk arms come down. I don't know how many times I've put crap in my trunk only to find it won't close because the arms hit something in my trunk. I have to admit I like what Toyota did & just block off that area completely, taking the guesswork out of "Is the trunk arms going to hit my crap?"

·
Registered
374 Posts
if one were to cut those braces out, and the insurance looks closely after, say, a serious injury or death in an accident, you can bet there will be zero coverage for you!

I say leave them alone.. good find on that pic, the damaja!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thedamaja said:
It's part of the body structure.
Heh, yeah I've seen that pic before, I guess I just never thought of actually looking closely at it...considering what was annoying me was one of the things highlighted :redface: .

Thanks, it was merely one of those "It's not really necessary but just kind of annoying" sort of thing.

Only reason why is because it's just annoying when I'm moving crap back & forth when I go back & forth from home to college, 600+ miles away from home :coffee: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts