8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Auto EX Sedan and interested in putting more boost but not too much where it contradicts the nice mpg. Basically, I am considering a small turbo if the price equates for me and of course roughly 5psi. Something to just peak the stock whp/hp a notch from 160 (stock spec) to like 200hp or more and of course, a gain in torque with a slight feel of inertia from the TQ would be fun!

I see mostly SI mods in terms of FIs.

Anyone have a R18, Sedan auto with a FI setup?
Kit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally not interested in NOS.
Considered SI but trade in value is horrible. Lose too much with a Navi EX.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
illusionstwice said:
Personally not interested in a boosted AUTO. Sorry
Were you looking for FI and specifically turbo? haha
If not, that comment was very pointless and definitely does not pertain to this topic.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
magicballer2001 said:
or just get an SI, best of all worlds good mpg, almost 200 hp, and very reliable without taking the chance of Fing everything up with a turbo
I may just drop this topic, its obviously not going to lead anywhere with the previous reply; however, you are correct. Again, I have considered an SI but this topic was more about FI on a sedan, AUTO.

Its cool, just a consideration, don't really need it. I may sell the EX or continue to keep it as a daily while playing with the s2k FI and get the new 08 GTI when its out as a more roomier daily with some more boost.

Thanks for your suggestion though :)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
06xy said:
I have a Auto EX Sedan and interested in putting more boost but not too much where it contradicts the nice mpg. Basically, I am considering a small turbo if the price equates for me and of course roughly 5psi. Something to just peak the stock whp/hp a notch from 160 (stock spec) to like 200hp or more and of course, a gain in torque with a slight feel of inertia from the TQ would be fun!

I see mostly SI mods in terms of FIs.

Anyone have a R18, Sedan auto with a FI setup?
Kit.
Enrique has an R18 LX Coupe Auto with a turbo I believe he's at like 175-180 WHP, he's the only one because he was test car. His car is still untuned and he's had it for almost a year. There is nothing out both for tuning and upgrades other then suspension, brakes, fly wheel, intake and exhaust. So even if you are able to get a turbo you're gimping it with the lack of internal upgrades that are available to you. I'm sure there will be more later on but it's gonna be a matter of waiting, the SI market is a lot larger and there's not much you can squeeze out from a 140 BHP engine at least to warrant the $4K price tag. So don't get your hopes up too high. You can squeeze more power into an engine the problem is it becomes a daily driver to a daily fixer.

A boosted R18 should have the same MPG if not better with fuel return, depends on driving style and if you rev it high enough to boost up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts