8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any si's been stolen yet or has someone tried to steal one from anybody im just curious i havent really heard of any 8th gens been stolen.:police:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i know damnnn there was a kid around my hood whose civic got broken into but he had an lx or something and they stole his portable navi unit but i think he deserved it for leaving it in plane sight ....(this is jamaica queens not orange county )

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
i know damnnn there was a kid around my hood whose civic got broken into but he had an lx or something and they stole his portable navi unit but i think he deserved it for leaving it in plane sight ....(this is jamaica queens not orange county )
I don't know what part of Orange County you've been to, but the Orange County I live in isn't exactly a safehaven for leaving valuable things exposed in your car, which is partly why I have limo tint and a sun shade to keep prying eyes out of my car. :O

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I don't know what part of Orange County you've been to, but the Orange County I live in isn't exactly a safehaven for leaving valuable things exposed in your car, which is partly why I have limo tint and a sun shade to keep prying eyes out of my car. :O
i was talking about the one on mtv ! the one in upstate ny is like west bumblefunk

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was just curious because the crime in charlotte for car break ins/stolen cars was very high this year and one of my friends bought a jdm type r motor put it in his ek hatch and two weeks later somebody stole his car. im just wondering because our cars are 06 and up you would think the technology in these cars would make it almost impossible to steal.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Wait until Kpro comes out. All you will need then is a Kpro'd ECU, a laptop & a key for the ignition but not to defeat the Immobilizer. The Kpro ECU & laptop will defeat the Immobilizer because you can turn off that function in Kpro. Or a flatbed. The Immobilizer is not perfect because there are cases of EP's & RSX's being stolen & they both have the Immobilizer. If a thief wants your car there is nothing you can do to stop them only slow them down.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Put a boot on the wheel (if they try to drag it onto a flatbed it'll be too conspicuous), take out the main fuses under the hood (who walks around with one those), get a alarm with a perimeter sensor (stand too close and it flips out), leave several nightvision cameras pointed at it, park it in a lot with barbed wired on top and make sure you're parked next to something more expensive!

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Edited the last sentence in my post.

Those all sound good but if a thief wants something they're going to get it. It's a car not a 10 carat diamond.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i park my car in the garage with my pitbull in there but if i go to my friends house i hate leaving my car outside for most of the night!my brother in law has a 2003 civic lx and i can unlock my cardoors with his car key and i can do the same with my key to his car i guess its time to upgrade the alarm system.(02civicsi nice avater im korean to!)

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Why would you wanna ask that?
Kinda obvious.

If the cars are getting ripped off left and right then he may consider something else. The Civic has always been a popular car to steal, especially the Si models. Mainly because Honda's engines are pretty easy to swap between models.

·
Banned
796 Posts
That's my EXACT rationale behind having limo tint and sunshade up whenever I park my car. I mean, of course I have a crappy stock civic, but still.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
i didnt think u can steal our cars without the keys. theres a computer chip in them or something. its suppose to be "safer" but now i get to get shot and my car stolen lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts