8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I plan to hit up the drag strip every now and then to see what my Si is capable of once I break it in. By the summer I'll have I/RH/E on and I was thinking about buying some cheap 16" wheels (like 06 steel OEM civic wheels) and fitting them nitto 555R radials, what ya think? Im shooting for like mid to low 14's at least until hondata comes out with an ECU reflash...then 13's!! ahhh the beauty of honda all motor 2liter 13 sec daily driver

:flame:

·
Banned
9 Posts
very doable, i believe in stock form on dr's it will go low-mid 14's with a skilled driver. someone ran 14.83 with a horrible 2.39 60 ft. so yes you'll go 13's at the right DA and a very good launch with perfect shifts....

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
endless254 said:
I ran 14.91 @ 92.29 mph completely stock, untouched tire pressure, and with the spare and jack.

Sorry for the crappy pic..

..please tell me how did you do this..what rpm are you launching? my best stock was 15.3 w/ the crappy michilen's.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
endless254 said:
Try launching at 4k. I have the same tires you do.
thats what i told him at the track! thats what i launched at and ran a 15 flat, hey gilby, its your short ram! lol it has to be...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts