8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is any difference in the shifts or the feel with one. i want one but seeing how i am a student and only working part time i just want to make sure this purchase will be worth it due to a shortage in funds lately haha.

thanks,
ryan.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
definatly worth it. got mine last week and i love it. it makes the shifts alot smoother. second gear doesn't feel as notchey anymore and when you get on it the shifter just glides into each gear. just make sure you tear some of the stuffing from the packaging and stick it in the bottom of the knob if you plan on not using the nut to make it sit lower.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
may be a stupid question but what do you mean by not using the nut to make it sit lower? is the nut what holds the knob on, and if so how is the knob held on with out it? sorry for the stupid questions, just curious because i would like to make this sit as low as possible.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
may be a stupid question but what do you mean by not using the nut to make it sit lower? is the nut what holds the knob on, and if so how is the knob held on with out it? sorry for the stupid questions, just curious because i would like to make this sit as low as possible.
it's threaded, you just screw it in. I have a skunk2 shift knob and I love it! Huge difference.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i paid $40 shipped. ebay is the cheapest place you'll be able to get it. you'll see them for like $46 with free shipping or best offer. just offer $40 and you should get it. if you want i'll send you a link to the sellers store.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.