8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
on my way back from school, there was a M5 at the light, he starts revving like ***** and i'm sitting in my car listen n to the radio and when the lights turn green, he starts peeling offf and im look n at him like wtf. people these days.

· Registered
266 Posts
Yeah.. people start tailgating me, trying to instigate a race or to go faster.. WTF is that.

Other times, they just roll back and rev.. roll back, rev up.. wow.. freaking annoying.

Of course there are those times.. when people are generally nice and say, nice car! wave and go on their way.

· Registered
350 Posts
I usually get looks from older civics and integras like the new SI is the car in its class that's on top, some try to rev on me. + It looks awesome. Then from G35's and 350Z's even M3's ive gotten nods of approval from the drivers. Thats a big deal when you drive a civic that gets that kind of respect. It is a pretty sweet looking car no matter how fast it is. I think most people who know cars are giving the new FG2's the respect they deserve.

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I get that every couple of days, usually when I go to get gas. I pull in to get gas and there is always someone that walks by and says nice car ... and asks me a question about it.

I had one guy in a Chrysler 300 pull up at a light .. and smoke the tires and take off, he hits the next red light and as I hit the red light her smoked it again ... finally he hits a 3rd red light in a row .. soooooo I hit it too .. looked over some old guy in a suit smiling at me .. so this time I obliged :) .. once the guy finally cought up to me .. he pulled up next to me .. so I rolled down the window thought he was gonna say .. something like wow thats pretty fast or something .. dude .. started yelling looked like he was gonna have a heart attack .. hes like (( Wooooooooooo your cars soooo fast .. does your daddy know your driving it huh huh .. and called me a bunch of nice names .. then turned the corner )) I just looked at him like wow .. your an idiot..and asked him how it feels. :OP

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i just ignore them :D its great when the neons and all those other junky cars try and you ignore yet you see them stupidly racing by themselves
I usually just ignore it ,, but sometimes I cant take it after ..my hour long drive home from work .. and I comes accross 5 or more cars acting stupid .. usually its the last one .. that finally pushes me over the edge.. it just builds up .. like someone pushing you over and over and over till finally you punch them in the face ! :dancingcoolsmiley:

· Registered
3,617 Posts
I usually just ignore it ,, but sometimes I cant take it after ..my hour long drive home from work .. and I comes accross 5 or more cars acting stupid .. usually its the last one .. that finally pushes me over the edge.. it just builds up .. like someone pushing you over and over and over till finally you punch them in the face ! :dancingcoolsmiley:
and by punching them in the face, u mean beating them?

· Registered
1,937 Posts
I have the opposite now. People will wait at the light until I'm a few cars ahead before they go, no one ever tries to get ahead of me lol. Or when two lanes are merging they wait and let me go. I had an old slammed Jetta on my ass for a while but probably because I drive right on the speed limit!

· Registered
3,830 Posts
what I hate the most is when they think you are trying to race them. My exhaust is loud and every time they hear it they step on the gas like I am trying to race them. I have the skunk2 70mm. That is the only thing I really get annoyed by. Cause I dont want em to go home and brag about how a cabolt lt beat a si lol

· Registered
27 Posts
Oh man this bring memories of driving in downtown Toronto. all them damn tailgaters i usually give them a brake check and they back off and if that doesnt work then at the red light i put my car in reverse and move closer to them... i f'ing hate tailgater, just yesterday i got bumped on the 401 leslie exit by some dumbass eating a sandwich!!!!!!

· Registered
26,621 Posts
i use to get it a lot but my car looks fast between the hfp kit and other mods so they figure it has some balls. I use to race a lot or just mess around with them but not much anymore i get looks but i just cruise along..

· Registered
1,686 Posts
honestly if you have an exhaust on your car, people will automatically be a **** to you. especially in a Si. im usually not one to race but when the idiots in the stock cobalts and base rsx mess with me... :vtec: and bye bye...

· Registered
196 Posts
So on the highway tonight, there was this one pickup truck that tried to race me. As I first was about to pass him (as my cruise control was set higher than his and I was expecting to pass him like all the other previous cars), I noticed that he matched speed. I thought, that's weird, why is he matching my speed? I tried slowing, he'd slow. I'd accelerate, he'd do the same. Then he starts to flick his hi-beams on and off, as if trying to signal to me a race. That guy was a complete moron, I don't race people ever. He then puts his blinkers on and off, and then floors it, and ends up like 100m ahead of me. Then he puts his turn signals on, goes left, goes right, trying to entice me to race him. Eventually he gives up and pulls off the road, what an idiot! That was actually the first time I had someone do that to me. Is that what "challengers" do when they want to race: flick their hi-beams/turn signals/whatever lights they can to signal a challenge to race?

· Registered
33 Posts
I live in Ontario and get it constantly. I feel like if it's anyone young I pull up beside they instantly think it's a race. I've started to enjoy winter just because my windows are up. Come summer time all I get are stares, revs and tire chirps. The worst is if I'm in a lane the merges after a light and the people beside me gun it, wtf is the point.. In the end that's too frustrating so if I know I can make them look like a jackass, I will. It's become frustrating to the point my girlfriend hates going on highway as I'll be on the highway doing 115-120 middle lane and I can see an idiot get on or further back in the rearview and he'll do 140-150 to catch up and then just ride my bumper while continuasly dropping from 6th to 5th and back
Oh ya p.s. minivans are the worst fallowed by mazdas 3's whoever said that, so true.

EDIT: My bad please delete post didn't mean to gravedig an old topic, was searching through browser.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.