8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if anyone has noticed this .. and its probably already been brought up before .. but, almost every light I come up to the person next to me always has to make sure they are ahead of me.

Also no matter what car it is that pulls up .. could be a mother with her kids in a mini van .. light turns green they churp the tires and take off like its a race. Now maybe its just me ... but I get this every day...

But what the hell is with the mini vans ? and everything else ..
Toyota Corolas ? Mazda 3's ... I dont get it. Im gettong tired of it !!!!

Anyone else notice this ????

· Registered
5,911 Posts
fcuking right guy....it happens with me most of the time. from slammed pickup trucks with chromies to ricerfest EF civic guys and to Audi drivers....they all wanna pull against you when you stop at the light.

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way I dont know if anyone listens to am 640 ..in the morning. They have a talk show thing .. they were talking about Civics for an hour the other day and how people that drive them should have a driving test done at the dealership that they have to pass before they sell the cars to them. They said that everyone who owns one is a menace to the road .. and people were calling in saying every time they see one on the road they make sure to get up and close to them. I wanted to call in ...give them a piece of my mind about all the idiots in the mini vans who attempt to race everything on the road. Its not our fault !! I try to stay at the speed limit and just enjoy my car .. but then these idiots come along and by the time im a block away from my house .. after 10 or more stop lights and 10 or more cars attempt to get me going .. im just pissed and really want to prove myself.. but .. usually understand I got nothing to prove in this car .. it speaks for iteself :) Mabe its just a Honda thing .. or Civic thing ..

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pickup drivers are the worst.
I dont see alot of Pickups .. but when I do .. they are pretty bad, anyone with a dodge pickup..you put on your signal and right away they sped up so you cant get over .. happens all the time to me.

I still say Mini van drivers are the worst.. they buy there mini van and the dealer tells them ohhhh this mini van has 240hp ..and they automatically think .. wow .. its a race car.

The only other issues I have are .. people with G35's they make sure when they see my car to fly up next to me and try to get me going..

Lately alot of Preludes and RSX's .. and they never seem to be the good ones either .. base model RSX .. or base model Prelude .. It could just be me..maybe I just think everyone wants to go :rantsmiley:

· Registered
2,269 Posts
Let's be realistic here. Generally speaking, look at the type of people who buy pickup trucks. It's usually due to their trade, their financial situation. They see what they consider a "young punk" driving a brand new Si, generally get jealous, and decide to stir up $hit. And I'm not being stereotypical here, it's simple market demographics. You don't see the Si marketed to old blue collar people just like you don't see the "Ford, built tough" F150 marketed to young adults or young professionals, who generally buy an Si.

As for the preludes, they're just mad that we have the same amount of horsepower without the extra fat of the lude. RSX Type-S owners are mad we got the LSD and same motor for thousands less.

In short, I <3 HATERS :)

· Premium Member
18,462 Posts
people are dumb.

most people speed around like a mof or drive too slow and stop last second and do it for 30 seconds longer than you need to at a stop sign.

yesterday there was a porche who was driving the speed limit like me which i thought was nice - i really got to enjoy looking at his car on the drive then we came up to another porche boxer, who also respected his car and stayed the limit. the 3 of us drove - only people going the normal speed and I got to really enjoy their cars.

AND mine :)

· Registered
3,617 Posts
Haha reading this thread was like driving.....I can picture everything described here...Although I do attract some of the desire to race, cause instead of throwing it in neutral and braking, i slow down and throw it in second, letting the engine slow itself down and hearing the exhaust note decelerate from 3k to 1800 rpm's or so. Sounds effing delicious!
But people always wanna accelerate quickly off the line, the freeway, anywhere. I find it comical cause then they'll go to a buddy and say I tried racing this SI but he was scared...LOL

· Registered
479 Posts
yeah i drive like a gradma with my car as well cause it is already to bait out if i ripp it then cops can just hear me down the road and wait for me LOL..

but yeah i get that **** all the time especially with rust bucket eg civics.

I pull up beside them on stop light and they start revving... but then again my car looks like a racer LOL

i dun chance that **** especially now all they do now is impound the car and sh*t if your caught in street racing.

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a honda lead-sled, er i mean prelude flash his hazards at me after he did a ricer flyby one time around midnight. I'm sure he posted on his lude forums that he raced and beat an Si when I wasn't even racing him.
I get that all the time .. I actually had a girl in a red 2005 Si .. launch the car off a set of lights with me .. then after she got up to about 90 let off and waved out the window.. I was still cruising through the intersection .. I know later she must have been like I just smoked this new si ...like some of the idiots on youtube who post videos of an Si sitting at a set of lights and a van full of kids .. blow by it with there video camera .. yelling .. you just smoked a slow si .. bla blah .. too much. At least im not the only one that has noticed this. I have had kids in older riced out civics come up next to my car and ask me about it, then leave the light like normal people....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.