8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so while my oil change was being done i had em check my alignement as the car felt like it was pullin to the right with the wheel straight (H logo on wheel straight up ) so they said yes it was off we put it to factor specs.. Ok so now drivin the car after the wheel is straight but the car seems to drive to right still .. Im basin this on street straight-a-ways.. but for me to follow the straight the wheel always has to be turned to the lefta bit (th H logo slightly tirned)..

If i straight the wheel out and let go while drivin the wheel def turns to the right , and also when holdin it straight so it cant turn the car drifts to the right also.. Does this sound like a problem or am i just to concerned?

Thanks and any help would be great..

Shawn

·
Registered
345 Posts
Pulling to the right.. I haven't opened up the car too much only 200 miles... but i havent felt a steer to the right on her.. I will check that one. Is it at any specific speed or RPM?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope not really.. i really only pay attention when im on the mains (55+mph) roads.. cuz im to busy watchin these idiot drivers so im always on the wheel turnin..

Shawn.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
no, it shoudn't pull very much at all. I noticed that mine will drift after a few seconds but not pull like a lane change anything in just a couple of seconds after letting go of the wheel. It should drive straight for a good 100 or more feet without drifting on a level roadway.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
agreed - if it really is pulling, then you should just have honda take a look at it. They can adjust it and get it more centered. Best of all - it's free

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes FREE....

so hard to explain.. ok goin down the street.im in a straight lane.. If i hold the wheel straight it will startgoin to the right (thinkin the yellow lines in the center are straight).. could it just be my imagination? that the street isnt as straight as it looks?

I will do more testin when the snow is off the road..

Shawn,

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well we got a S/B on 06 civic pulling to the right but have not yet recived alignment specs

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just a thought. Try taking it out on the expressway (the 390, 490, 531 whatever) and driving in the left lane. If the car pulls to the left then you are getting ridge pull. Roads, especially those around here are built such that the center of the road is higher than the shoulder. This facilitates water run-off durring the eight month rainy season, but it will cause a properly alligned car to pull slightly to the right. If the car still pulls to the right from the left lane of the expressway then tell that to the guy at the dealer so that he may be convinced that there is a problem that must be corrected.

BTW which dealer?

·
Registered
345 Posts
shawnhpi said:
yes FREE....

so hard to explain.. ok goin down the street.im in a straight lane.. If i hold the wheel straight it will startgoin to the right (thinkin the yellow lines in the center are straight).. could it just be my imagination? that the street isnt as straight as it looks?

I will do more testin when the snow is off the road..

Shawn,

I tried it out on the way home and I was feeling that slight steering wheel pull.. Not enough for me to freak out, but it is a noticeable thing. I think the lines are straight. My Si does not pull to the right to the point where I am way off and changing lanes, but i do notice the steering wheel want to work its way to the right.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it pulls harder to the right while not holdin the wheel.. but when holdin the wheel tight and straightenin upwith a line.. Im goin across lanes.. not just a little i can hold the wheel and end up in the 3rd lane in no time... its to snowy right now to test better.. i only drive the left lane... to many SLOW people (only kiddin) but its the lane i drive in 90% the time.. Im on 390 every night. and 104-590-490 east towards victor every day.

So ure in spencerport? I forget soper motorsports is in spencerport right? or is that Holink? i wanna buy a new helmet for the bike soon..

why Do you work there "[email protected]"? ,,,, the one in E-roc **** ide pontiac HONDA... Daren is the guy who lied to me.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
I'm going to hope this is a small issue that can be resolved with just an alignment and not something like the folks with 350Z's have to deal with...that can be costly and just plain dangerous.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
skittleslegend said:
I'm going to hope this is a small issue that can be resolved with just an alignment and not something like the folks with 350Z's have to deal with...that can be costly and just plain dangerous.
agreed - I'm awaiting someone to take their car to the dealership and see what they say after looking at it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok good so im not really the only one..

Now i am gonna have to take it to the dealer..

Cuz honestly i don't know what else to look for.. tire wear, etc.. so as long as others are havin this I can use it to go in.. ill try to find some one to test it out bfor i go in and make sure t hey notice the same...

i heard about the Z problem a friend had it,. he finaly traded in the Z cuz nissan would do nothin about it. so he down graded to the 05 EX (other reasons to- cost, gas etc..).. and once he traded in guess what happen NISSAN sends him a letter basically sayin sorry for the incon.. we will replace and repair for life.. 100% bull **** on nissans side..

Ohh well...one loss to a gain.

Shawn..

·
Registered
342 Posts
shawnhpi said:
it pulls harder to the right while not holdin the wheel.. but when holdin the wheel tight and straightenin upwith a line.. Im goin across lanes.. not just a little i can hold the wheel and end up in the 3rd lane in no time... its to snowy right now to test better.. i only drive the left lane... to many SLOW people (only kiddin) but its the lane i drive in 90% the time.. Im on 390 every night. and 104-590-490 east towards victor every day.

So ure in spencerport? I forget soper motorsports is in spencerport right? or is that Holink? i wanna buy a new helmet for the bike soon..

why Do you work there "[email protected]"? ,,,, the one in E-roc **** ide pontiac HONDA... Daren is the guy who lied to me.
Yeah if it's pulling that hard you need to slap someone in the head until they fix it, because ridge pull won't push the car that much.

Hollink is in Spencerport. (I wish I had a bike)

I don't work for a dealership. I got my car at Holtz, but I haven't used the service department yet so I can't give an opinion on quality of service. (Although the first oil change is coming up, and I need to have them look at the horn. It sounds like one of the two sounders is not working properly)

·
Registered
342 Posts
skittleslegend said:
Well unless the suspension geometry is so vastly different on the Si than the EX it should be corrected with an allignment. My EX sedan tracks straight enough that I can let go of the wheel for upto five seconds at 60mph. Then I have to correct for the previously mentioned ridge pull. Ironically I read an article, maybe in the MotorTrend car of the year issue (but not sure), that the suspension specs for the car are set to make the car track straighter and have improved on center feel.

·
Registered
171 Posts
some times its the road.... it is buldged in the middle. a slight hump, for water runoff, that could be the reason it goes to the right. Check on a Highway in the Left lane. Also sometimes the road is "wavy" Rigs and cars actually smash the road, and your tires will follow these ruts. just some ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took mine in today because it is pulling to the right. They checked the alignment and said it was perfect. They said that it is being caused by the two front tires. They ordered me two new ones and they will be in next week. I'll let you all know if it fixes the problem once they get put on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but what is the cause? whats wrong with ure tires????

Cuz if thats the case i may need new tires..

any way WHEN i did bring in my civic for its oil change.. like i said i had em check the alignment and they said it was indeed off..

I am planin on takin it in next week if i get a chance..

[email protected] man you gotta get a bike... best thing ever...ill be on my bike more then in the SI this year..

Shanw..

1 - 20 of 69 Posts