8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 31 and don't consider myself and old fogie, but I don't want to be the only "30 something" there. Are there any older 8th members going this year?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Me! :wavey:

etf is the elder statesman of 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon. He's in his mid-50s and he's been to them all.

I would say the average age is probably mid- to late- 20s. I schedule it after school begins so we will have a more mature group. You'll have a great time!

·
Registered
8,136 Posts

etf is the elder statesman of 8thCivic.com Conquers the Dragon. He's in his mid-50s and he's been to them all.

I would say the average age is probably mid- to late- 20s. I schedule it after school begins so we will have a more mature group. You'll have a great time!
Im still coming. But don't worry I'm alot more mature than most people 5-6 years above me

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Im still coming. But don't worry I'm alot more mature than most people 5-6 years above me
I'm not saying I don't want younger people to come. The group will just be older on average than it would be if I scheduled it earlier. I'm not comfortable with having a large group of teenagers testing their driving skills and their drinking skills.

Everyone is always friendly and will welcome you there but if you young'uns act up, we have ways of putting you back in line

·
Registered
154 Posts
i'm not saying i don't want younger people to come. The group will just be older on average than it would be if i scheduled it earlier. I'm not comfortable with having a large group of teenagers testing their driving skills and their drinking skills.
:1:

I'm a thirty-something too... my dad is coming so he may be the oldest member there :laughing:

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
I'm not saying I don't want younger people to come. The group will just be older on average than it would be if I scheduled it earlier. I'm not comfortable with having a large group of teenagers testing their driving skills and their drinking skills.

Everyone is always friendly and will welcome you there but if you young'uns act up, we have ways of putting you back in line
I rarely drink anymore, no worries there.

But I agree with you, alot of teenagers would be extremely unsafe. Not that I'm a teenager anymore, 20 ftw. I felt the maturity hit so hard when I turned 20. :dance:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm 31 and don't consider myself and old fogie, but I don't want to be the only "30 something" there. Are there any older 8th members going this year?

Yep! Ol' Granpa E will be back this year. Introduce yourself to me at the meet and I'll tell you the story of what happened with me and a young whippersnapper on the initial Dragon Run at 8CCD-1.:unamusedpopcorn:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope I didn't offend any of the younger guys. I like to hang out with young-un's too. I went to the Import Alliance at the super speedway here in Nashville and I was the oldest there. I had a great time though.

I was just worried it was going to be "Romper Room"... I've never been to this meet before but I have been on the dragon. In my mind I was thinking the same as some of the others:

(Curves + Booze) / Cocky Young Fellers = Life-Flight to the hospital on The Dragon. It's to be respected thoroughly or you'll end up off a cliff or worse. The last 2 times I went two Squids (i.e. young inexperienced sport-bike riders) had to be life-flighted out. One died I think.

I can't wait. I'm staying at Fontana and I'll be missing the first day (Thursday). I'll be there on Friday.

I'll see you all there.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts