8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only information I found with changing the R18's muffler w/ the SI's muffler was that the sound was deeper. I want to know if any of you have felt any noticeable power gains with the SI axle-back muffler change on a civic with an R18. Thanks

·
Registered
06FG2 736.72whp/[email protected] e85/ FA1-R18 Daily FTW
5,764 Posts
I put my muffler from my FG2 on my daily FA1. Yea you only get a deeper tone. I didn't do anything else to it because it's automatic but maybe the dudes that were manual and went larger diameter piping and header and intake plus flashpro might be able to answer the question better

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mid and high end torque will increase but you do have to push it hard to feel it. Low end torque will decrease due to less back pressure I think. I have yet to install one on my daily 06 EX.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mid and high end torque will increase but you do have to push it hard to feel it. Low end torque will decrease due to less back pressure I think. I have yet to install one on my daily 06 EX.
What FD7683 said was always true of Honda engines that were produced in early 90's through the early 2000s. They lost low-end even maybe mid range torque(if we are speaking normail mid-range for a honda which would be around 3250 to 3750 depending on the engines red line of couse. SI's and Type-R's redline slightly above 8k rpm. and that is why you don't need to worry about torgue so much with the all motor engines from honda during those years and the same prinicple shoul since HP and Lbs-ft of torque meet at 5250rpm on any dyno, and then torque will start dropping off as HP rising. Provided you are not testing a vehicle that for that is so old its obd 1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts