8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I see these really great and dramatic pics in some of the other threads, like the "professional pics," and think "I'd love to have some of those of my car!" But I haven't heard anyone in this region mention that they are a photography buff and/or would like some practice. I'm offering my car up as a subject because, frankly, I'd like to learn some things about lighting and location (and get some nice pics at the same time).

Anyone out there really know what they're doing with a camera?
:pics:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always wanted to get some dope nighttime/downtown shots. You know the ones with a skyline or in a parking garage.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
ThaJazz said:
I've always wanted to get some dope nighttime/downtown shots. You know the ones with a skyline or in a parking garage.

with the aquarium in the background would be cool
id be there for that

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
North Howard street, up where it meets with MLK is nice because the stores are mostly empty and the light rail doesn't come but so often. Awesome spot that I found.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
ThaJazz said:
North Howard street, up where it meets with MLK is nice because the stores are mostly empty and the light rail doesn't come but so often. Awesome spot that I found.

near the armory? that would be cool

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Work servers prevent me from seeing anything but Xs, but I'll check at home.

firstsi, I'm talking actually about the back side of MD General Hospital on North Howard Street; the Light Rail goes down the center of the street, but the street is rarely used and the city could be a bit of background. I think it'd be nice.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maryland+general+hospital+baltimore+maryland&sll=39.299585,-76.619575&sspn=0.004035,0.007231&ie=UTF8&ll=39.300208,-76.619639&spn=0.002017,0.003616&z=18&om=1

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
ThaJazz said:
Work servers prevent me from seeing anything but Xs, but I'll check at home.

firstsi, I'm talking actually about the back side of MD General Hospital on North Howard Street; the Light Rail goes down the center of the street, but the street is rarely used and the city could be a bit of background. I think it'd be nice.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maryland+general+hospital+baltimore+maryland&sll=39.299585,-76.619575&sspn=0.004035,0.007231&ie=UTF8&ll=39.300208,-76.619639&spn=0.002017,0.003616&z=18&om=1

i was just there today how well lit is it at night

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty nice, if I remember right. Have to check one evening.

But the secret, from what I've heard, is what TV crews use to direct and soften lighting--those big white or silver squares that aim the soft light on the subject. So you need one person to be take the pic, one to aim the light, and one more for lookout.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts