8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for lowering springs that will give less noise(popping creaking) less bumpy ride (i need more comfortable ride cuz im driving everyday on a rough road), i dont care how much drop it would give. its for EX. any suggestions?

tnxs!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
one word for you man..

"Progress",

Get those...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cuz ive seen some on this site that prokit n progress springs produce some noises due to stiffiness...??

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
one word for you man..

"Progress",

Get those...
I have had alot of noise with my progress springs.....Honda tech also said they were chafing...something about metal to metal contact. The noise is only coming from passenger front. If anything I would go with Tein or Eibach

·
Registered
601 Posts
i have sportline and zero problems from day one. it was once on my 06 EX and then now on my Si. no issues on either one.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
comptech or sportline?? can you guys help me pick one?
The sportline gives you a little more drop than the comptech springs. They're both progressive springs. And the spring rate are almost similar so ride should also be the same. Also, price are both almost similar.

Sportline if you want that little more drop.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Progress!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Don't go with more than a 1" drop if you don't want to sacrifice your ride quality.

No matter how well the springs ride at first your dampers will eventually go out. The more they go out the worst your car will ride.

I've only had my sportlines on for about 2 months and my car already bounces a lot on the rougher rodes..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts