8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4288 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any Las Vegas folks on the board?

_______________________

Original message ^ ^ ^ ^

Principally this thread is now used for local communications for those in and around the Vegas area (Vegas, Henderson, NLV, Boulder City, etc.), those planning on coming to, or rolling through, the Vegas area, etc.

Meets will usually have their own thread, also located under the WEST forum.

If you are in or around the Vegas area, please join in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
Danng! i have a friend that lives very close to that area. Look for a Blue 2005 Acura TL with tints,its stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stretracer06Si, which dealership did you get your Si from?

Curious as the two other Si owners I know in Vegas got theirs (like me) from Shack/Findlay. Honda West continues to play the 'Market Price Adjustment' (and adding on accessories) game, and Desert Honda was charging a $1k premium and adding on their worthless 'Desert Protection Package' (not sure if Desert is still chargin a premium).

I have yet to find an Si owner in Vegas that will admit to have purchased at a premium when Shack was selling at MSRP (or slightly below if you went through the internet sales department).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
Hey Janizary,

I might be heading out to vegas to live by the end of Sept this year. Maybe we can hook up and go for a ride bud. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Im from vegas too but i will feel left out. u guys seem to drive Sis. i only have an R18 with CAI so far. I live southwest, Blue diamond and durango.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whitecivicsi said:
Hey Janizary,

I might be heading out to vegas to live by the end of Sept this year. Maybe we can hook up and go for a ride bud. :thumb:
Sounds like a plan, whitecivicsi. Send a PM when you are heading out. There are a few organized ride events here that are nice as well. Valley of Fire cruise, Red Rock cruise, Mt. Charleston, Lake Mead cruise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
victor said:
Im from vegas too but i will feel left out. u guys seem to drive Sis. i only have an R18 with CAI so far. I live southwest, Blue diamond and durango.
What color is your civic? 4D or 2D? I've seen a few coupes and a few sedans driving around the Rainbow, Durango, Jones/215 area.

Not too many Si's around Vegas. I know two other Si drivers and have seen about 4 more Si's and I am sure there are a few more, but not too many in total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Janizary said:
What color is your civic? 4D or 2D? I've seen a few coupes and a few sedans driving around the Rainbow, Durango, Jones/215 area.

Not too many Si's around Vegas. I know two other Si drivers and have seen about 4 more Si's and I am sure there are a few more, but not too many in total.
i have a coupe, silver. have u been to the track? how much do they charge? do u have to have a helmet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Janizary said:
stretracer06Si, which dealership did you get your Si from?

Curious as the two other Si owners I know in Vegas got theirs (like me) from Shack/Findlay. Honda West continues to play the 'Market Price Adjustment' (and adding on accessories) game, and Desert Honda was charging a $1k premium and adding on their worthless 'Desert Protection Package' (not sure if Desert is still chargin a premium).

I have yet to find an Si owner in Vegas that will admit to have purchased at a premium when Shack was selling at MSRP (or slightly below if you went through the internet sales department).
Yes. HondaWest still charges over by 2 grand I bet AT LEAST for an Si. Probably more like 3 or 4 grand. On the regular Civics I have noticed they put pin stripes (tacky tacky tacky) on all Civics and Accords too I believe. On the window sticker MPA's of around 2 grand are still on regular civics too.

Desert Honda quoted me $1000.00 over MSRP over the phone for an Si and wouldn't budge. They're pretty pushy down there in my opinion so stayed away. I've dealt with them before.

Shack Findlay quoted me MSRP for Si plus all their fees (Whatcha gonna do..) I was tempted to go for Si and wrestled with it for quite some time. Just picked up an EX at Shack (very happy so far) and the whole buying process was A-OK in my book. I went thru the internet dept. and only had a minor headache after the sale so I can't complain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
i got mine in FL and i paid 20G out the door for everything !!!!!! Also im planning a meet for the vegas crew please post up where you think a nice meet spot would be and we can kick grab something to eat and take a cruise !!!!! Please either PM me or post so i know whats going on !!!! In 6-8 months ill have my own shop here in vegas and we can have meets there !!!! www.lvtunerz.com is my site.... NOT FULLING RUNNNING . But if you would like to order parts ill give the vegas guys a discount !!!!! talk to yall laters ......... Dont forget to PM me or post what you want to do for a meet up !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
also you know what i might be able to do if anyone is looking to get a cheap price i can take my sticker to the dealerships and show them how cheap i got mine . They always say that they will compete right ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,949 Posts
Finally some LV ppl! I got mine from ShackFindlay Honda too and they hooked it up with msrp :thumb: I shopped around and yes Desert Honda and Honda West had the mark ups, which would have been like 24k + tax so no thank you!

If you see a Haby Red Si wit tinted windows thats me :driving:
 
1 - 20 of 4288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top