8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
are they really similar? because i can't even learn 1 language let alone 3. I am learning about chinese history right now and I find all of it really interesting
They're kind of similar. They're pretty much the same basic language, but a different dialect. I've been exposed to so many different languages that they somewhat sound alike, but most people will know the difference. I also speak English (obviously) and Vietnamese. I'm currently learning Spanish (on my fifth year so far haha). Of course, I'm trying to broaden my languages, so I'm probably going to be studying abroad in either Spain, Brazil, or China. :woowoo:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Dont they speak Mandarin in Taiwan?

I took speak Cantonese at home and took a year of Mandarin a year ago. My teacher was from Taiwan.
Taiwanese +1
i speak both mandarin and taiwanese fluently but i suck at speaking english...lol

mandarin is the official langauge in Taiwan, but 80% of the taiwanese still speak taiwanese especailly those are not living in the big city such as Taipei

·
Registered
329 Posts
most people i know in the states speak chinese, tried to learn mandarin in high school but completely failed.... but i think if you really wanna get the ladies, u gotta learn korean cuz most asian girls watch those korean dramas lol...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.