8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the DDM Tuning HID kit with the wire harness. Is there any guide out there that show how to hook up the harness? Also, is there a guide with pictures that shows how to remove the coolant tank and install w/o taking off the bumper? Thanks.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting/49201-kaixen-hid-kit-installation-diy.html

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/21376-my-civics-hid-diy-installation.html

There's no reason to remove the coolant tank to install HIDs. The guides above should be sufficient. The installation is really straightforward. I would probably suggest you take a minute to snap in all the connectors on a carpet if it's your first time. It will make perfect sense to you from there. There's not much to put into words as everything will come together once you get a visual.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, I will first make all the connections in my house. However, I would prefer not to remove my front bumper as done in some of those pictures. I have read that to access the drivers side headlight, by removing the battery and coolant tank, there is enough room to install the low beam from the top.

Thanks for the tip about installing it outside of the car! It would be a headache with all the HID wires from the bulbs and harness on the car + the wires that are already in the car.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Coolant tank you just take the top off and pull up on it. The passenger is a pain to get to. You may have to go through the fender liner

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea. This is what I've heard. Thanks for the tip! Is it possible to just turn the wheel in and pull the fender liner back? Or do I have to take out the entire wheel?

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Thanks! Also, is DDM Tuning going to tell me how to wire the harness with the HIDs? Or is there a guide I can find here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts