1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Subscribed just because of the links provided! LOL thanks too bro! :thumb:

·
Registered
932 Posts
WTF...I'm tired of seeing questions about headers for the R18. The R18 does not have a header. It uses an exhaust manifold. Just because the manufactures call it a header, it doesn't mean they are selling a header. They are calling the replacement for the cat converter a header when they be selling a down pipe or test pipe. Get a clue guys.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Why? or Why not? The r18 gets better MPG with better insurance rates. If a few hundred dollars can get me more power and better MPG then why not?

The better platform SI, requires premium gas, gets lets MPG, higher insurance, and an intial higher cost.

The same why mod arguement could be used on the SI - get a MazdaSpeed or a GTI. Or a vette - why not stop get a viper-

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
My question to you, is why modify an r18, when for the money you put in it to make it faster, you could have started at a much better platform like the si?
Who cares?! he can do what he wants its HIS CAR! ive seen many modified R18's on the boards and? whats your point? the SI is basically an R18 with a KSeries motor. I can easily put a differential in an R18 and a 6speed. It takes money and atleast you dont have to put premium gas in like the SI. I think the SI doesnt even need premium its just a waste of money and you also get way less MPG in a SI than the R18. I spend about $25.00 filling my tank on my R18 which isnt bad at all but on the SI it would probably be $35.00+ or more.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Who cares?! he can do what he wants its HIS CAR! ive seen many modified R18's on the boards and? whats your point? the SI is basically an R18 with a KSeries motor. I can easily put a differential in an R18 and a 6speed. It takes money and atleast you dont have to put premium gas in like the SI. I think the SI doesnt even need premium its just a waste of money and you also get way less MPG in a SI than the R18. I spend about $25.00 filling my tank on my R18 which isnt bad at all but on the SI it would probably be $35.00+ or more.
:coffee:

Seriously, you guys over complicate premium fuel cost. It averages about 2.00 more dollars a fill up.

The SI DOES need premium, it is a HIGH COMPRESSION MOTOR. Start modifying the R18, and you WILL need premium fuel. Dont believe me? see what happens....I also didnt say anything negative about modifying the car, or if its HIS car, I really dont care, i was just curius. It just dosnt make sense to me.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Why? or Why not? The r18 gets better MPG with better insurance rates. If a few hundred dollars can get me more power and better MPG then why not?

The better platform SI, requires premium gas, gets lets MPG, higher insurance, and an intial higher cost.

The same why mod arguement could be used on the SI - get a MazdaSpeed or a GTI. Or a vette - why not stop get a viper-
I was just asking why. The insurance was only 10 more dollars a month for me, and like i said above, premium fuel is only an extra 2 bucks a fill up anyhow. I wasnt talking about getting a different model car, i was asking why he didnt get the BETTER model of a CIVIC. You can not compare 20k to 80k

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Seriously, you guys over complicate premium fuel cost. It averages about 2.00 more dollars a fill up.

The SI DOES need premium, it is a HIGH COMPRESSION MOTOR. Start modifying the R18, and you WILL need premium fuel. .
I was just asking why. The insurance was only 10 more dollars a month for me, and like i said above, premium fuel is only an extra 2 bucks a fill up anyhow. I wasnt talking about getting a different model car, i was asking why he didnt get the BETTER model of a CIVIC. You can not compare 20k to 80k
  • .20 cents per gallon - over 100,000 miles adds up to be about $600-700.00 (given the same 30mpg)
  • The r18 typically nets 5-10mpg better - another cost savings over 100k miles of about $1000-1800.00
  • the price of high octance and the lower MPG ADDS up over the ownership time. But sure you can look at it as just a few more dollars per fillup.
  • - High Compression is not the sole factor in the requirement for high octane fuel. The r18 doesn't need high octane fuel
  • The Si cost a good bit more over the fully loaded EX. If I wanted a fast car and less MPG with lots of options it would have been a VW GTI.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
  • .20 cents per gallon - over 100,000 miles adds up to be about $600-700.00 (given the same 30mpg)
  • The r18 typically nets 5-10mpg better - another cost savings over 100k miles of about $1000-1800.00
  • the price of high octance and the lower MPG ADDS up over the ownership time. But sure you can look at it as just a few more dollars per fillup.
  • - High Compression is not the sole factor in the requirement for high octane fuel. The r18 doesn't need high octane fuel
  • The Si cost a good bit more over the fully loaded EX. If I wanted a fast car and less MPG with lots of options it would have been a VW GTI.
* A GTI is nowere near a " Fast Car ". Either is the si, but just saying that it isnt quick at all, and for the sticker, i would get something better.

* 100k miles? are you serious? Ill hit 100k Miles in 4 years. Im pretty sure over a 4 year period i can afford the extra 1000 dollars.

* The R18 dosnt have as high of comression as the si

& The R18 WAS NEVER INTENDED to be performance oriented. Thats why they have the si. The R18 is a grocery getter. Thats why you have better MPG.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
-Sure you can afford the extra cost for the Si. So can most people. But they CHOOSE not to "afford" it.

-the cost over 100k miles for the SI verse the R18 is well over 1000.00 when you add up the MPG difference and the high octane cost.

- the r18 is -- from the top of my head 11:1 compression? It's really high.

- I'm glad you know what Honda intended for the Civic r18. Compare the r18 power and torque to earlier Si's.... and you'll find the r18 holds it own.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
-Sure you can afford the extra cost for the Si. So can most people. But they CHOOSE not to "afford" it.

-the cost over 100k miles for the SI verse the R18 is well over 1000.00 when you add up the MPG difference and the high octane cost.

- the r18 is -- from the top of my head 11:1 compression? It's really high.

- I'm glad you know what Honda intended for the Civic r18. Compare the r18 power and torque to earlier Si's.... and you'll find the r18 holds it own.
The R18 does not have 11:1, it has 10:1

You said it yourself man, read.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
r18 is 10.5:1
Si is just 0.5:1 higher coming in at 11:1

- I never said anything directly - so no need with the fancy red color. See key phrases such as "cost saving OVER" "of about" "adds up to about" "well over" - Show me the math that the Si verse the R18 only cost you $1000.00 over a 100k span? I'll wait.

·
Registered
196 Posts
What if your parents helped you pay for your car as mine did? But I want to get the know my car better and have fun, but couldnt afford the extra money for the SI. What if you only wanted to mod it silightly (not that much money) but still have fun. If i was going FI i wouldnt have bothered and would of just gotten an SI. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
r18 is 10.5:1
Si is just 0.5:1 higher coming in at 11:1

- I never said anything directly - so no need with the fancy red color. See key phrases such as "cost saving OVER" "of about" "adds up to about" "well over" - Show me the math that the Si verse the R18 only cost you $1000.00 over a 100k span? I'll wait.

It dosnt matter. It wont matter, becuase all your post are nothing but arguing. not only in this thread, but almost everything you type is bikering. it is not worth arguing with someone that dose not want listen.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.