8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since tomorrow is going to be so warm I really want to detail my car(clay,polish,glaze,sealer,wax) but its going to rain and I only have a single car garage that's full of junk. So does anyone have any ideas on a dry place i would spend the 6-7hours i need to do this?

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
i dont think you should bother detailing your car tmr in the rain, its going to get ruined right after. on wednesday its going to be 9degrees. the only place i know of that would have water and all is to find some place with an indoor car wash, and then just spend like 6-7 hours inside Lol. or go to an underground lot.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't care if it gets dirty after, it needs fresh wax. Last time i detailed the car was in October, almost 4 months a constant road salt and snow every other day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do everything by hand though, that takes time. Need to go over the whole car 5 times:( to clay it, polish, glaze, sealer and wax it

·
Registered
349 Posts
seriously...just get a regualr car wash. Spend the money for the best wash...then leave it. What's the point in putting 3-5 hrs of work, for nothing?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
depending on the size and location of the chip, it is not always recommended to use that paint pen. sometimes you can simply clean em up and fill em with wax.

you will laugh at me if i tell ya that i sometimes use black metallic crayon to fill them scratches and chips. works like a charm.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i've tried looking via google...perhaps i'm not typing the right words...but

does anyone know a very good place that can fill in stone chips? The stonechips make me wanna just get the front bumper repainted and get the clear film on the front of my car to eliminate this problem for next season.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Grab a small container of touch up paint from the dealer and apply using a toothpick.

Dip it and then touch the area, the paint will just flow into the stone chip, very clean.

BTW Josh that's one clean car, for anytime of the year. You take good care of your stuff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts