8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is driving me insane. But I really don’t wanna spend over a hundred bucks to replace. Anyone found a cheap fix to make this look less retarded?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need the same rubber trim for my car. This might be what you are looking for.
cut and paste into browser

parts.sonshonda.com/products/Honda/2007/Civic6MTSI-N-2D/MOLDING--FRONT-WINDSHIELD/1613834/73150-SVA-A01.html

·
Registered
420 Posts
If it's coming apart, replacement of the molding is the only option.
The last time I looked, the molding is no longer available from Honda. However, checking with some other online dealers, it seems to still be listed. I don't know whether my regular dealership just decided to not carry such large items, or if the others are out of date in still listing it as available.

I need the same rubber trim for my car. This might be what you are looking for.
cut and paste into browser

parts.sonshonda.com/products/Honda/2007/Civic6MTSI-N-2D/MOLDING--FRONT-WINDSHIELD/1613834/73150-SVA-A01.html
That's for the top of the windshield. Completely different part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s driving me nuts. But I refuse to pay over a hundred bucks to fix it. I hit the local scrap yard but the only 8th they had on the yard had the same issue. I tried finding a fix with foam weather stripping but nothing looked right. Guess it’s just gunna stay that way!

·
Registered
11 Posts
cheap fix

Hello.

Ha ha. No you don't need to make it stay that way and you don't need to pay $100 for the trim.

What I did was go to home depot > go to house door section > buy some squishy rubber trim > I bought 1/4" thick, but in hindsight, if they have a little thicker it is better. I can't remember the cost - probably $3-7 for a roll, which is enough for both sides plus extra.

The 1/4" rubber trim width fits well in most of the slot, except the ends where you have to taper it with a scissors, and the middle where it is a little loose (hence recommending buy little thicker). Don't need to worry about making it look neat when you cut - you won't see the sloppy cut because you're squishing the rubber in there and can't see it when its done.

I didn't bother adding extra adhesive... the rubber stayed in place and did not move around for 3 years (until the windshield repair man pulled one side out and threw it away). I have to reinstall one side.

good luck.

adesh

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
cheap fix

Hello. hello where did you get the rubber because i have the same problem thanks

Ha ha. No you don't need to make it stay that way and you don't need to pay $100 for the trim.

What I did was go to home depot > go to house door section > buy some squishy rubber trim > I bought 1/4" thick, but in hindsight, if they have a little thicker it is better. I can't remember the cost - probably $3-7 for a roll, which is enough for both sides plus extra.

The 1/4" rubber trim width fits well in most of the slot, except the ends where you have to taper it with a scissors, and the middle where it is a little loose (hence recommending buy little thicker). Don't need to worry about making it look neat when you cut - you won't see the sloppy cut because you're squishing the rubber in there and can't see it when its done.

I didn't bother adding extra adhesive... the rubber stayed in place and did not move around for 3 years (until the windshield repair man pulled one side out and threw it away). I have to reinstall one side.

good luck.

adesh

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "Blancaells, publicación: 16223661, miembro: 404762"]

[/CITAR]
gracias, eso es lo que voy a hacer 👍🏻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts