8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of getting my rims painted black, as well as smoking out the lights on my Si. i was just wondering if anyone has any pictures of black Si's pretty much all blacked out. i searched through the pro pic thread and didnt find anything so i figured i'd give it a shot here.

also if i get the rims painted as opposed to powder coated will the paint chip or peel when i get new tires put on the rims?:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not sure how it gets painted, but i dont think they take the tire off to paint it, so im assuming the paint will begin chipping off at the edge of the rims if it does begin to chip. as far as quality, i think the guy who's painting these for me said he puts 6 or 7 coats of clear on them, if this makes a difference, im not sure.

im more worried when it comes time to put new tires on, that's when i feel the paint will get damages, and start to get chipped. other then that i dont know how else it could chip off.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone have any pics of some black Si coupes with the stock rims painted black? and possibly with smoked lights aswell. i want to make my final decision to go all black or not.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I already have my brake calipers blacked out now i need the tails and headlights tinted i am also looking for black jdm badges to complete my blacked out look.

·
Registered
215 Posts
im thinking of getting my rims painted black, as well as smoking out the lights on my Si. i was just wondering if anyone has any pictures of black Si's pretty much all blacked out. i searched through the pro pic thread and didnt find anything so i figured i'd give it a shot here.

also if i get the rims painted as opposed to powder coated will the paint chip or peel when i get new tires put on the rims?:eek:hnoes:
Uh, no - my Si has not been beaten badly by the Alabama football team (sorry Georgia)...:laughing:

As for painting vs. powdercoating, I believe powdercoating is much more durable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.