8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a project car (used s2k since I miss my honda) from a private seller. I went to my bank, Wells Fargo, and they gave me a loan rate of 4.9% with 'excellent' credit. I see these other sites online claiming low 2% rates but I don't know how legit they are. I don't even need a loan for the full amount (11k), I'm just trying to avoid dumping 11 grand upfront on a car right now.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How much are you trying to borrow?
Also, sometimes lenders get weird about cars that are older than 7 years. I don't know why. I think a lot of those super low car loan rates that they offer are for new cars, so they can compete with the big automotive lenders that have 0% for 60 months and whatnot.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
606 Posts
try your credit card company like capitalone or something. I remember back then they gave me a better rate than a bank would. I also heard union banks are the easiest and cheaper rate offer also but that's just hearing don't know if its true or not.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm with a credit union, those guys are pretty good about loaning money. They'll do unsecured personal loans at 10%, which is decent. I'm sitting a 4.25% on my fa5 so what they're quoting you doesn't sound outrageous.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
626 Posts
I financed mine though Honda, it's what the dealer suggested, it was a good rate, it was quick, I'm happy with their service, all is great. This is the first car that I financed so I don't really have anything to compare it to but I would finance through them again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I think it will be better for you to have a credit for that. I think a credit is easier to have and you won't have to wait much time until the decision would be taken by the loan company. To be honest, loans are strict and you will have to follow tons of rules. Credit is much easier, but it's more risky if you don't know where you should take credit. I will help you with that, and I will tell you what credit company is the best one for that. You can find them following this link https://credit-10.com/mx/ or you can PM me and we will discuss about that. Go on and check this company, I am pretty sure they will offer you a great credit option

·
Banned
6 Posts
This is the first time I'm going for any kind of loan.
I paid off all of my lingering debt on a credit card from a retail store earlier this month and currently, credit.com has my score at ~750, creditkarma shows ~690, though both sites still show a lot of card utilizaton (in reality sitting at 0%). I also have about 1 year's worth of credit history for context. snaptube vidmate
I'm in my early 20s and make 55-60k a year. I have no other debt/loans to pay off and live with my parents (this may change at some point this year, but monthly expenses helping out with mortgage/food is around 400/month)
The car I'm looking to buy will be around 26k.
What I know to do is to get my loan through a bank/credit union.
What should I be looking out for? What are considered "good" or "reasonable" rates considering my credit history? What if I wanted to put a small portion down on a down payment, or even $0 down payment -- if that's possible considering my history. I'm currently driving a 2001 mercury sedan with ~78k miles. Should I trade in to the dealership or sell independently?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts