8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know I want a 06+ Civic 1.8L 5 speed but I'm not sure on year or model. I looked at once that the steering wheel was a 2 spoke design. :confused: I'm not a fan of that, I like the 3 spoke steering wheels I've seen in other 06+ Civics. What were the changes in the years? Also do you guys think EX > LX? The price difference isn't that much, what will I be getting out of the EX that will justify the price?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
just more options. ex has 160 wat stereo,sunroof,steering wheel audio controls. cant really think about anything else. oh yea different fabric on seats...... Lx is just as good just minus those things and cheaper

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rear disc brakes for the EX, too.

I bought the LX, and had major EX envy afterwards. Eventually I realized I didn't need the sunroof, steering wheel controls (IMO, which isn't that much easier than using the actual radio knobs...), and I ended up upgrading my sound system to something waaay better than what anything OEM can give me.

The EX package is a nice deal, don't get me wrong. Just not for me.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
EX's stereo is 350 watts, same as the Si.

The new EX also has a USB port in center bin you can plug your iPod into.

Tge only things that weren't mentioned that the EX has is improved rear suspension (i think) and 16" alloy wheels.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ah, haha... forgot about the wheels. I guess I assumed he would eventually chage them out for something not stock.

Also, the sound system depends totally on whether you're aiming to get a coupe or sedan.

Coupe
LX: 160 watt (6 speakers)
EX: 350 watt (6 speakers + sub)

Sedan
LX: 160 watt (4 speakers)
EX: 160 watt (6 speakers)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I think if you are nit picking about the steering wheel, then your going to be one angry guy once you actually drive the car for a week.
Search and youll find many many faults with the 8th gen civic. However, considering its price its the best car out there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought my '09 a few weeks ago (EX auto coupe) and I don't have any real complaints. It's a great economy car with decent power for the engine size, a comfortable interior, and it handles well enough. I'm am, however, under no illusion that it's a sports car at all and with that said it seems meet my needs completely.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Between the DX LX and the EX, there are no notable suspension changes for the rear end.

The Si Sedan vs the Coupe is a different story, but the difference is negligible and slightly noticeable on a track day, at worst.

I opted for the EX simply because of the four-wheel disc brakes. The sunroof and steering wheel controls were an added bonus I guess. Sunrooves are really a matter of preference. Honda is not known for problematic or leaky sunroofs, so in terms of problems in the long-term, I wouldn't be too worried. An added bonus of having a sunroof is... well never having to use it. On really nice days or nights when you're out for a drive for the sake of driving though, you'll tilt or pop open your sunroof and be glad you opted for it. Having a sunroof, in addition to the alloy wheels and four-wheel disc brakes is also an added plus for resale value.

Rear drum brakes for a car of this size as a commuter car work fine, but if you do your own work, they're a pain in the ass to work on (Jesus springs and clips) and if you ever find yourself descending a long road, it's possible to experience brake fade.

And uh... allow me to subtly place this link:
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/8th-...maintained-2007-civic-ex-sedan-m-t-stock.html

heh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.