8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting antsy :xyxnervou since my ralley red SI is still weeks away. I really want a new car and the EX is looking pretty good. I know you guys will think I am crazy but everyone on here who has one has nothing but good things to say. I have compared the two and really other then horsepower, interior, and lsd there isnt much of a differance. I am not into racing so my mods will be wheels, suspension, stereo etc. My local dealership has 4 EX's on the lot now. I would be saving 3 grand too. Let me know what you guys think. Maybe I am being crazy and I just need some imput to tell me I should continue to wait. Thanks, CANMAN

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Patience is a virtue. :)

I can see if you really need a new car if you're currently without one-then I'd buy an Ex off the lot. Otherwise I would wait. I'm in the same situation as you, waiting for my Fiji blue. It seems like an eternity! But, after hearing all the rave reviews on this car, I think it will be well worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
I say go out and buy the EX. You'll get way better gas mileage and it uses regular gas. The Si burns more gas plus you have to run preimum.

I have seen a lot of people on here complaining about how there Si's revs hang up. My EX doesn't do that, and it shifts perfetly fine not jerky at all.

If I could aford the Si I would definaty buy it, but I was in the same situation you are now and I needed a car quickly and one that was efficent.

If you want performance go Si

If you want a zippy little car that gets good ass gas mileage get the EX.

But if you do get the EX I highly recommend manual....

Now, if the EX only came in automatic it'd be Si all they way. I Couldn't buy an automatic car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts