8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was wondering since the base model civics have a real bad body roll: Would it be better to invest in a rear sway bar or a front sway bar? Which would be more effective to invest on? Looking for answers based on experience.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Rear sway bar. Use the 06-11 rear Si sway brackets and go with either the 2014-2015 Civic Si rear sway bar (20mm) or the 2006-2011 Civic Si sway bar (17mm). I personally have the OEM 20mm bar on the rear and I really like it. I don't recommend upgrading the front bar as you will introduce understeer. You can replace the soft old rubber sway bushings and go with a higher durometer bushing like MOOG, ACDelco, or something else thats aftermarket.

Edit: if you want to use the 9th gen rear bar I would recommend using the 14-15 civic Si brackets instead of the 8th gen brackets because they are reinforced for the bigger bar. I didn't go this route and used the 8th gen Si brackets instead but your choice to decide.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi, was wondering since the base model civics have a real bad body roll: Would it be better to invest in a rear sway bar or a front sway bar? Which would be more effective to invest on? Looking for answers based on experience.
Thanks!!!
Are you tracking it? If not I honestly wouldn’t say it is necessary tbh. If you want to minimize roll you can get front and rear sway bars upgraded to the si or go for something more aggressive, (I wouldn’t go any more aggressive unless the car is tracked though at the very least). Since fwd, I would start with the front, since that is where the car is controlled the most. Can always start with Worn bushings, springs, struts, shocks, ball joints, ect. to improve the overall handling of the car, and then go from there with aftermarket support such as front and rear strut/brace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks!!!
If the car turns and leans seriously, generally speaking, you can consider replacing the short shock spring, and then install a full set of balance bars to solve the problem of excessive leaning of the body when turning. The leaning is the function of the independent suspension, which can reduce the chance of overturning. The automatic return of the steering wheel is the function of power assist, and the mechanical type does not have this function. This is caused by centrifugal force, which is the reaction force of the centripetal force generated by the circular motion of the object.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts