8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering if its a problem to have the antifreeze in the tank by the battery pretty full. I added some after i noticed my hose wasnt tight on the TB coolant line and leaked alot out. Now its really really full could this be a big problem or no. Help me out guys.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i think you should be fine. is the a max fill line

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
then i would try to get some out. max means max. i would just be nervous.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The worst that will happen is that some will leak out. If you don't want to risk coolant leaking out and making a mess then you should take some out.

By the way, if anything causes a loss of coolant (like a leak in your case). You should always check to make sure the level is full in the radiator itself after letting the engine cool. The radiator won't always refill itself out of the overflow tank.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The worst that will happen is that some will leak out. If you don't want to risk coolant leaking out and making a mess then you should take some out.

By the way, if anything causes a loss of coolant (like a leak in your case). You should always check to make sure the level is full in the radiator itself after letting the engine cool. The radiator won't always refill itself out of the overflow tank.
yes, contrary to american cars, on hondas, the checking of fluids is more accurate when the engine is cold.

as far as ur overfill, it won't hurt it. i accidentally filled up the reservior a bit higher than the max line in my 95 ex and nothing happened.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is just a overfill reservoir. It isn't a big deal if you go over. It isn't representing the actual level of antifreeze in your radiator. Your rad will only become low once all the fluid is out of the reservoir. If it is too full, it will just spill out, as it was said earlier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.