8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Kicker 8" sub and RF Punch amp this weekend. This makes such a huge difference in the sound output of the stock premium system.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a piece of 1/4" plywood and covered it in felt, then I screwed the plywood down to the wheel well and then mounted the amp to the ply. I didn't want the amp flat in the trunk because I need all my trunk space.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nicely done.

Did you pop off the subwoofer cover without removing the whole rear deck cover??

Any issues w/ the sub fitting? I guess you don't have any bars in the way on the sedan?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once you pull back the trunk carpet there is some metal bracing around the wheel well I screwed it into that, I used some sheet metal screws about 1 1/4" long because there is some padding behind the carpet. I only had to pry off the grill to get to the sub, no need to remove the deck on the sedan, I also had to bend some of the sheet metal around the magnet to get it to fit but the metal is soft and easy to bend with pliers. I also had to make a spacer to fit between the speaker and where I mounted the sub using the metal mounting. plate on the stock sub as a template. I should have taken pics of it before I mounted it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
OLD POST... i know, but I was under the impression we could ONLY use shallow mount woofers. AND... Has anyone ever tried to upgrade to a 10" and maybe do some minor cutting?

·
Banned
18,265 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
thats a huge power wire for just the one amp lol but nice work

do you have any pictures of when you were mounting the plywood? because i currently have my amps just screwed into the backseat and its not that sturdy. if you have no pictures can you briefly explain how you mounted in a little more detail i'd like to do it that way :)

i like that LOC it has the remote wire integrated into... nice does it need power to get the remote wire or does it use the energy from the hi level inputs?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just covered one side of the ply with felt and then used sheet metal screws and screwed it into the side panel making sure there were no wires or cables behind there before screwing it in, I then mounted the amp onto the plywood. I know 4 gauge is overkill for one amp but just in case I need to upgrade in the future I won't need to run any thicker gauge wire, plus the kit was on sale, even less than some 8 gauge kits I priced. The LOC needs power which I tapped off the distro block, if you use this type and don't have a block just connect it to the amp power wire.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to put in a spacer in the rear deck ot raise the speaker up a little in the coupe?
if u raise the sub u will hit the plastic cover on the deck...
heh, i will be putting a 8w3v2 in my Coupe hopefuly soon... ill explain take pics later :)
i'd like to see this one done...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts