8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is what i saw at a Local Honda Dealership, NO! Not another Mugen_Si. But a Euro Hatch 5-Door Type-S!!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
dats insane. r they selling it? if they r, i dint expect european honda cars to be marketed in US. they should start shipping mugen typeRR's from japan to US.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uranium980 said:
wow!
thats freaking awesome!
is it for sale? or what?
I asked the Manager if it was For Sale, or was there any Plans to bring it to the States? He said: No it's not For Sale, cuss it belongs to Honda America and their using it for Reserch only! Which i didn't get...still hoping they do!! I want 1!!!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
WOW first hatch in the state...kool

·
Registered
182 Posts
o-hatch said:
I asked the Manager if it was For Sale, or was there any Plans to bring it to the States? He said: No it's not For Sale, cuss it belongs to Honda America and their using it for Reserch only! Which i didn't get...still hoping they do!! I want 1!!!
hmm wonder what they are doing as far as research goes...

would be cool to go to meets with that thing...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Uranium980 said:
hmm wonder what they are doing as far as research goes...

would be cool to go to meets with that thing...
The Plastic Cover over the (Head/Tail-Lights/Cluster/ Nav.) seems Boy-Toy (Cheap) and E-Zly Scratchable. Plus the Door Handle are different from ours where you just pull to OPEN. Their's...you Squeeze then pull. Other than that, Kool Car!!!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
That's the 1st time I see one of those models in N. America. I have driven one in Europe and it was awesome. I so wish they would bring that here. Looks really nice!

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
i saw one in poland last year visiting family its HOT!!

they are releasing the type r deisl on this platform, 210hp and over 300ft-lb torque, im importing one once its made... mark my words... i get free diesl but refuse to buy a VW

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
maybe just the color... red with T/A combo should look good...

...but i like ctr best.
mw1978's ctr

·
Registered
128 Posts
1.) To the OP: I hope you meant "Type-R," but it's neither the Type-R or Type-S (whatever that may be). You can tell by the "glassy" headlight cluster, as you can see above the Type-R has a regular grill
2.) That's not the first one in the states
3.) It's probably the diesel they run in europe, I read about Honda doing research with the diesel in the states, to see if it would be practical and viable. In the initial stages they got around 70 mpg on the highways. Take that Prius!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
1.) To the OP: I hope you meant "Type-R," but it's neither the Type-R or Type-S (whatever that may be). You can tell by the "glassy" headlight cluster, as you can see above the Type-R has a regular grill
2.) That's not the first one in the states
3.) It's probably the diesel they run in europe, I read about Honda doing research with the diesel in the states, to see if it would be practical and viable. In the initial stages they got around 70 mpg on the highways. Take that Prius!
You my friend, need to do a little research before you start talking.

Honda Car Experience

Take a look at the cars, look for the Civic Type-S 5 Door, and check it out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts